OK do you guys have a deal with Hawk?
  • Because here is a Tech Deck ad from this months Transworld that has the Iron Cross Screaming Chicken as being the next Retro Tech Deck. Does this mean that we might be seeing a Hawk Reissue from you finally? Another interesting note is that Birdhouse is not mentioned anywhere in the Legal crap Just Powell-Skate One.

• no he only signed on for the powell classic tech deck line
  • thats a great colorway for that board........ even if u cant skate it. that tony... what a tease =(
  • yeah birdhouse wont be mentioned in that ad because that graphic has nothing to do with his company.... just his name. which is the the only thing keeping the board from being re-released.
  • yea that graphic belongs to powell tony had to pay them some money to use it for his birdhouse board in the 90s
  • But because of his name you can't reissue it. LAME!
  • yeah they could probably make it without his name.. then they would be no different than vision. and who wants a hawk board without hawks name on it? not me. sucks.
  • that would be pretty weird haha
  • did you guys see this?

from TWB;

In a press release from Tony Hawk, Inc., Tony Hawk is now the sole owner of Birdhouse Skateboards. Blitz Distribution President Per Welinder will continue his focus on the remaining Blitz Brands—Baker, Flip, Fury, Sk8mafia, and Hook-Ups. Blitz will also continue to distribute Birdhouse. Read the press release below.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tony Hawk Acquires Birdhouse Skateboards

Vista, CA, October 14, 2008 – Tony Hawk and Per Welinder, business partners for the past 15 years, reached a definitive agreement whereby Tony Hawk has acquired all interest in the Birdhouse Skateboards brand from Blitz Distribution, Inc.

By purchasing the brand, Tony Hawk will initiate integrating Birdhouse into his overall activities and his business, Tony Hawk, Inc. Full ownership will also give Tony increased oversight and involvement to his biggest priority, the Birdhouse team riders.

The asset purchase will allow Per Welinder to continue his passion of incubating core brands. Blitz continues to distribute the Birdhouse, Baker, Flip, Fury, Sk8Mafia and Hook-Ups brands.

About Tony Hawk Inc.
    Tony Hawk Inc. is a world leader in its field with the unprecedented ability to bring alternative sports and their unique lifestyle to the masses while maintaining an indispensable edge of authenticity with the market’s hard-core, trendsetting audience. Founded by Tony Hawk in 1998 and based in Vista, CA, the company is organized into five segments: Merchandising, Events, Endorsements, Film and Digital Media. These lifestyle sports include skateboarding, BMX, Motocross, surfing and snowboarding. Consumer goods bearing the Tony Hawk brand have dominated several markets, including video games, skateboards and sporting goods, lifestyle apparel, toys, interactive content, food, publications and more.

About Blitz Distribution
    Blitz Distribution is located in Huntington Beach, CA and distributes some of the most important brands in skateboarding, The company distributes skateboarding products around the world, from mom and pop shops to sporting good stores. Through the years the goal of Blitz remains providing highest quality products at reasonable prices to encourage the continued growth of skateboarding as a passion, an activity and way of life.
  • HUH........ WONDER WHAT DIRECTION HE WILL TAKE NOW. WAIT AND SEE I GUESS
  • yea i saw that last week in my tws biz email
  • i guess per has nothing to do with bh anymore or maybe he is in the background doing something else
  • sorry i have no intrest in birdhouse baker flip sk8 mafia or hook ups. only thing ill be buying from hawk or per is thier re-issues from powell if they ever sign off on em. if they dont........ oh well.
  • and why in the hell would u name ur kid per lol might as well name ur kid house or chair
  • LOL!!!! GOOD QUESTION. ITS A "NORDIC" THING I GUESS WE WOULDNT UNDERSTAND.
  • chair weilender....... that rocks! powell shoul re -issue his board out of spite with a chair wearing a helmet =)
  • Hmmm...maybe they named him Per, because it's a common forename in Sweden, where he originally came from?
  • that would make sense lol didnt know he was foreign lol alot of ppl in ca have wack ass names so he fits in lol
  • THOSE CRAZY SWEEDS WITH THIER VOLVO'S AND SWEEDISH FISH. =) SORRY...... DIDNT MEAN ANY DISRESPECT TO "PER" I LOVE ALL THE BONES BRIGADE!!. BUT YOU GOTTA ADMIT... EVEN "TONY HAWK"SOUNDS MADE UP FOR CHRISTS SAKE. LANCE MOUNTAIN? THEY SOUND LIKE SUPER HEROS. AND I GUESS........ IN A WAY THEY ARE. =)
  • "a chair wearing a helmet"

haha
  • SEE..........ITS ALL IN GOOD FUN.
  • yea tony shortened his name it is actually anthony just like bucky's name is charles
  • saw a hawk tech deck on ebay.. different than the one in the pic above.. more like the original than the one shown with the background. best part............ THE STICKER!!!! holy crap whos ever idea that was to put that re-issue hawk sticker in the package did thier f'N homework. cuz u cant touch that sticker for under $50.00 on ebay!! i know its not an original sticker from the 80"s and bla bla bla.... but seriously people pay 50 bucks for that damn thing. its retarded. i know. i paid 45 bucks for a rodney mullen sticker i just had to have... man i have issues. crap.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion