OK do you guys have a deal with Hawk?
  • ha are u kidding a few years ago i bought about 500-600 dollars worth of powell stickers from my local shop but i got them for like 250 or whatever i think the actual cost was like 450 or something it was a super long time ago so i dont quite remember but i know it is around that number
  • Yeah I almost crapped myself when I saw the sticker. I will buy multiples just for the stickers.
  • got a hawk tech deck in the mail today i bought off ebay cuz you cant find em anywhere here in chicago PERIOD. ive looked trust me. its pretty sweet. although not as cool as the one pictured in transwold.(WOODGRAIN PIG SHAPE) but its still awesome. sticker is smaller than the original and i dont think its clear.. i didnt take it out. dont plan on it. but overall very cool. wheels are very detailed mini cubics 95a. looks pretty sweet.
  • so is the techdeck part not collectible and the sticker is?
  • no... they BOTH are highly collectable for sure unopened . but that sticker ...if it were like the (nos) new old stock version...which it isnt .sells for 50 bucks on ebay. i know alot of people are going to buy the the tech deck just for the sticker if it were pretty close but... its different from the original. mainly... its much smaller. and im not sure if its clear. which i dont think it is, which makes it less like the original, therefore once again, less desireable to a collector. like i said... i know its a stupid sticker... but. go on ebay... theres a demand for it. i saw one sell for $50 bucks once. there was 5 bidders and like 13 bids....crazy. anyway...bottom line is..its very F@#$kn cool regaurdless. i got it hanging next to my 1986(nos) yellow hawk in a frame. looks sick.
  • wow thats unreal that a single sticker would go for that much. wouldnt it have been nice to buy a hundred of the originals when they came out.
  • uh yeah....... your tellin me. =)
  • whats even more retarded than that is the original tony hawk deck from 82 with the hawk grabing the lightning bolt on it .that wasnt a big seller at all at the time...... that thing held the record for the longest time for "highest selling board on ebay" at a stout 6 grand in mint condition!!... only later to be just barley beat by like a few hundred bucks by a mint "CASTER" "chris strople" deck.... its so ugly too. i dont get it.
  • i thought a McGill F14 was the highest? maybe it was a tie or something cause i heard that one went for like 6g's too. too bad we dont have a time machine. go back and buy a whole run of them would be nice.
  • yep. =) no i dont think that mcgill went for 6. probably close.. maybee in a private auction but not on ebay. theres an article on it on skateandannoy.com
  • killer! ill scope it out
  • here is the link.. go down to where it says "the $6000 skateboard".. youll see it..actually theres alot of great stuff here if you havent seen this before. this guy documents vintage decks from the 70s to the 90s that sell on ebay every month. and his commentary on some of this stuff is pretty damn funny. you will be amazed at some of the stuff people buy and what they pay for it. check it out. =)
    http://skateandannoy.com/features/ebay/index.html
  • i have seen that site before and man do people have money to spend. i guess its like buying art. well art/history
  • http://www.powell-peralta.com/history/museum/index.html?view=t&t=[t]&s=34&

i dont think i could ever get sick of looking at that board.......... god forbid he ever gets drunk and decides to sign off on a re-issue that should be the first colorway printed
  • yea that thing is nice.
  • id love to have that poster
  • Lets throw some gas on this fire.

Tony Hawk 80s All Day Vert Challenge 2008 12/06/08 Huntington Beach, CA (My Home Town)
  • damn it. you beat me to it!!! i was totaly gonna post these pics today. thanx for sharing shin =)
    HERES A COUPLE MORE....
  • i dont know if any of u noticed but hawk has a powell sticker on his board haha how sick is that i wonder what those trucks are
  • THAT POWELL STICKER IS THE OLD "BONES BRIGADE WINGED RIPPER STICKER" AND THOSE ARE TRACKER SIX TRACK TRUCKS FOR SURE. THATS ALL HE USED TO SKATE ON THAT DECK. HE WAS SPONSERD BY THEM FOR YEARS. AND...... HES WEARING A POWELL PERALTA BONES BRIGADE SUMMER TOUR 1988 T-SHIRT. =)
  • yea and i figured they were probably trackers i had a set of tony hawk trackers but one of them broke from ollieing off a curb haha
  • Some on Skull and Bones have said they are Tracker Magnesiums. (That he probably got them straight from them) I've skated Indy's all my life (aside from the Tracker Ultralights on my first Board that I broke a baseplate on in a week) so I know Jack about Trackers. I have not seen a clean shot of the Wheels but I would bet they are SPF Rat Bones II's by the look of them.
  • I love how he's rockin his 80's set up even with the copper! Although I'm not sure 187 kneepads were around then!
  • maybe he will realize what he is missing and come back to the family
  • yeah those could be magnessium trackers i forgot about those. still considered a six track style im pretty sure. trackers were light but those plastic baseplates were kinda "gimmicky" and were weak. heres a pic of the magnesiums. looks like em to me.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion