concave depth
  • I want to buy a new 10" old school Powell-Peralta deck.

but I don't know how deep is the concave.

I browsed Powell-Peralta web site and it says at of the table some numbers that I don't know how to interpret:

http://powell-peralta.com/products/specs/

does the "depth" means that it is the concave's height from the deck's surface to the deck's to sides perpendicularly ? (geometry)

I read in some of the discussions that the new reissued decks are quite flat, but as it says in the web site, the depth is 0.46",

which is 11.68 millimeters (for the sp2 model) so it seems to me that it is not that flat, or that I am wrong with something?

I looked at the Powell-Peralta Tony Hawk reissued deck on some photos in the Internet and it didn't look as deep as the sp2 model.

I also looked at the caballero new reissued deck: http://powell-peralta.com/products/spring-2013/decks/reissue/caballero-dragon-ii/

and it didn't seemed to have too much concave even though it says "sp2" model.

can some one please explain me where I am wrong?

thanks.

• The reissue decks have the SP2 concave and it is very, very mellow. The reissue decks are not as "flat" as the OG back in the day.  I think it's a great concave for these decks,  it holds your feet in place, but also feels like you are riding a deck from back in the day.  The Old School Ripper has the K15 which is a modern mold, step concave with a kick nose.
  • Hello SK8ER

thanks for replying.

I am not familiar with the skateboarding term (I am not an English speaker),

what is "OG"?

do you happened to know what is the concave depth of the SP2 deck in inches or millimeters?

also, I saw that there are "spn2" model deck.

do you know what it is? what is it's concave depth?

also, do you know deep is the k15 concave?

thanks

ilan

• OG means original.

The k15 is a very steep concave.

I have no idea what the measurements are.

My favorite deck with the SP2 is the Caballero Chinese Dragon.

For my serious bowl/vert riding I ride the Caballero Ban This deck which has the K15.
  • Thanks SK8ER !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion