What wheels on Masonite
  • I've really found the speed I was looking for in my Powell SPF "Racing Stripe" wheels on concrete. Although, they tend to slip a bit on the park, I'm still able to hold my control. Now that the weather is changing and the indoor park is covered in Skate-lite or masonite, I'm thinking my SPF wheels will be too slick. Any recomendation on a set of "indoor" wheels? Any help would be great, Thanks!
  • too bad we are getting rid of DTF's.

here are three wheels id look at for riding on wood.

the 56/97 Rippers

the 60/95 Bowlriders

and the 64/95 Bowl Bombers

they are three different sizes but all close to the same dero. i dont know what size your going for but one of those might work for you.
  • I got the 95a Bowl Bombers for masonite & really
    really rough concrete, & the PFs for smooth stuff-
    they're both WAAAY faster than the pool formula
    wheels by skaterbuilt that people hyped on
    alot of different websites...
  • well you will always have the upper hand..... until they ask you what your riding. haha
  • Thanks for the help, I'll look into 'em.
  • right on! if you have any questions this is a good place to ask them
  • you know, it's funny, Jesse, because I do get "what kind of
    wheels are you riding?" quite alot... It's also interesting how
    set in their ways some mindsets are, like, people will ask,
    "hey can I try your board..." ride it around, then say, "yeah
    these are REALLY nice, but I only ride Spitfires" - this, after
    obviously going higher up the wall on the Bombers... DUH!
  • lol ppl ask me to ride my board too but it is too fast for them so they fall all over the place cause i take care of my wheels and they ride just like brand new and i had them since 99
  • Ugh, Spitfires... all image no substance. I've never liked riding Spitfires. They do a hell of a job with their marketing and have a great team... Hell, I've wanted to like them for years, but just can't.
  • you can lead a horse to water but........yep. mindsets are hard to change sometimes. even if say a supercharged pontiac will eat up a Porsche, the Porsche owner will find a reason to disagree the Pontiac is faster. sorry for that analogy but its happened to me before.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion