Rat Bones 85As - Make some in colors other than black.
  • Love these wheels. They rule - as they have since the 80s - in the Boston area. Fast enough for ramps and pools, smooth over bad pavement. I ride em, my kids have them on their boards, and now my neighbor's kids are asking about them because their crappy little wheels can't be used for street riding. Well, maybe in SoCal where the cement is everywhere and smooth as glass - here it's gravel in an asphalt base, so.

Let's have some other color though, OK? How about pink? Or yellow or blue? Somethin'. Hook a fella up.

Funny thing about these wheels? Still go for 8 bucks each. That hasn't changed since the mid eighties.
  • i second this
  • hell yeah..... bring on the pink rat bones. ill buy multiple sets. make it happen
  • pink seems to have come and gone with the 80's comeback fad but im not saying its not going to happen. its just less popular today than it was a few years ago. we pushed for them to be made when all the pink shirts and decks were coming out but it was just bad timing i guess. ill still add this to the product request log. thanks
  • I could definitely go for some in different colors! How about clear?
  • I got 3 setups all with the Rat Bones 85A's.. Pink would be a classy touch, I would rock the shit out of them.
  • How about RED?? Clear would be dope as well..
  • speaking of clear.... did anyone notice when you select "powell peralta completes" theres a picture of a cab 2 with clear wheels... whats up with that?
  • "id anyone notice when you select "powell peralta completes" theres a picture of a cab 2 with clear wheels... whats up with that?"

they were one off wheels my boss had done. i said it wouldnt be a good idea to show that pic but he said people will just read the description and know that it doesnt come with them. i guess you cant boss your boss
  • that just means one thing...... i spend too much time on this website. =)
  • haha, we should be paying you for giving me something to do all day
  • tell you what....... you can pay me back by makin that mcgill snakeskin re-issue =) when you make it... i want the first one printed.. signed by everyone at skateone. =)
  • hahaha everyone at skateone would be like "whos this Nick guy?" and ill just tell them your our web support;)
  • yep =) sounds good to me.
  • I have been agressively sewing the seeds of demand here in the mighty East. Made a bunch of kids ride my board at the local park this weekend. They were skeptical and then delerious with joy at the flexability of the 85a Ratbones (in crapulent black). One kid rode down the hill outside the park, across 20 feet of grass and then ollied up the block thing and tail tapped on the little quarter on his way back in. Nicely done. Lightbulbs were going off over all the kids heads. "You mean you an ride anywhere" they asked. "Oh yes my children" I replied. "They come in colors?" they asked. "No, just in lametastic black" I said sadly. So they all went out and bought some shite Kryptos. Ok, I made the Krypto part up, and their request for colors, but c'mon, get after it people. Blue or Red or Yellow or Green would be almost as good as Pink
  • How about white, and you can Rit-Dye them any color you want...
  • i have added your request to the log and email it once a week to the guys that need to know. thanks guys
  • I agree - great wheels. Let's have some color!
  • if u use the rit-dye does it fuck up the graphic on the wheel or na might be the only way i can get some modern colored powell wheels hahahaha
  • Sad news. It's Spring, which means new wheel sets for me & my spawn. We needed 3 sets of old school duro wheels for riding all over the place - which is our style. Rat Bones 85s were VOTED DOWN because they only come in black and we have all been wanking black Rat Bones for the last couple years. So, old Peg Leg hit the Interwebs and got: 1 set NOS Rat Bones 85s in yellow/clear, 1 set of generic "tunnel style" longboard wheels (65s/85 duro) in flourescent green and a set of those re-iss OJs. Why is this sad? It is sad because I would have been stoked to have sent my 90 bucks worth of biz to Powell! But riding the same black wheels year after year is kinda boring and the fashion obsessed amongst mine were not having it. C'mon Powell! Lets have AT LEAST ONE other color! My kids'll burn through their soft wheels (nowhere near as nice as yours) in a month or two. I'd buy colored Rat Bones as soon as they were avail. How about a limited run? Make a hundred sets, sell them on your site and post some to Ebay? If they go big, then add more colors. If they don't? People will buy them on Ebay.
  • if new colors come out they will be after the new catalog comes out towards the end of the year in to the beginning of next. i will pass along your request.
  • Thanks, Sock.

How hard can this be though?

SERIOUSLY.

You guys are a small, flexible manufacturer, right? You guys make wheels, right? You already got the molds, raw urethane, pigment and guys to do the doing, no? Nothing new has to happen here, no start up costs, no re-tooling.

Check the most common requested color for wheels, say it's red, then make a hundred of those. Forget about the catalog - sell them direct through the Website and through the Skate One email distribution list.

You can do it! Nothing to be afraid of!
  • (QUOTE)Thanks, Sock.

How hard can this be though?

SERIOUSLY.

You guys are a small, flexible manufacturer, right? You guys make wheels, right? You already got the molds, raw urethane, pigment and guys to do the doing, no? Nothing new has to happen here, no start up costs, no re-tooling.

Check the most common requested color for wheels, say it's red, then make a hundred of those. Forget about the catalog - sell them direct through the Website and through the Skate One email distribution list.

You can do it! Nothing to be afraid of!

I agree!
  • Yeah don't be locked into the catalog format. It's easy to do a limited run whenever you want, Just ask NHS.
  • i agree 100%.. but its not up to jesse..up to george and stacy and for whatever reason..they disagree. =)
  • I know, I never meant it was up to him. We all know that they like money, they just need to be flexible in their releases.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion