Laser Cut Grip Tape
  • I ran across a site called tailtap.com, that claims to be the only shop that carries Powell Peralta laser cut grip tape. Is this really the only place that sells it?
  • yep. as far as i know. thats actualy a good site/ buddy carr tail tap.
  • Bummer. It looks great, but for $14 plus $11 S&H, it's a little steep for grip tape I was hoping to find a one stop shop for everything, but looks like I'll have to part out some of things for my Kevin Harris.
  • it is pricey but.. that board should be fairly easy to cut a sheet yourself. the shape is very basic. you will have plenty of extra left. its a small board.
  • Yeah, shouldn't be a big deal to grip that board. I did like the nice oval cut out for the top graphic. I think I'll try printing out an oval that I can trace onto the back of the grip tape and then cut it out first.
  • YEP. THATS WHAT I DO. ITS NOT THAT HARD.. YOULL GET IT.
  • too much time on my hands i guess, but i like the way it looks on my 8.75" ray bones...
  • Or you can use a clear bag and trace the top graphic then trace it on the back of the grip tape, cutout and this is what you got!
  • Back in the day I used to go to Bud's in Huntington Beach, CA and they would to the trace and then use the cut out to make a clear piece to put into it.
  • I was going to post about the laser cut grip available at Tailtap, but I see that there is an old thread already. But, since they seem to have Mike V laser cut grip and the Elephant decks are probably pretty popular right now, I thought it was worth another mention.

• My wife bought me mine for X-mas.As I understand the Mike V and Frank Underhill models are the only ones available.I can do a trace outline and post it here if anyone is interested.

(edit: was thinking of Frankie Hill not Ray Underhill )(my bad)
  • The pics above are from the Tailtap site. I'm pretty sure they meant Ray Rodriguez vs. Ray Underhill.
  • love the lazer cut grip, especially on the pig shaped decks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion