• This mightn't be the right place for this question but I figured there would be older skaters with the same problem. I have one of those shoulders that pops out a fair bit, which is starting to affect how hard I sk8 (after 25 yrs sk8ing i'm not gonna stop now).I've got mates who have had surgery but it doesn't seem to work, they regret the operation.Has anyone come across a shoulder strap that works?
  • Instead of bracing it, you should go to a rehab center and let them give you the exercises needed to PROPERLY strengthen the shoulder. Strengthening the muscles in the shoulder will help you recover 100% of your tendon and ligament problems. I did it with my shoulder and my elbow, both of which I have broken, and dislocated many times in the past. After seeing a few doctors who wanted to perform surgery, one of them recommended rehab. A few weeks after rehab, I was already feeling the positive effects and no more dislocations.
  • I've done the rehab, been to physio and i work as furniture removalist my shoulders are strong but i'll take your advice and find another physio therapist thanks Chris
  • It worked for my elbow. It used to pop out just by putting pressure on my arm when it was straight, like if doing pushups. I finally found a doctor who didn't want to perform surgery on it and recommended rehab, after a few weeks it was back to normal and doesn't pop out any more.

Of course that will only help if it is a stretched ligament issue, if it's torn cartilage then getting it scoped might be the way to go. I had my knee scoped a number of years ago and it worked wonders.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion