so what are you riding??
  • Boards as of today:
  • Nick,
    Your collection is sweet. I dig the orange Raybones setup you have, excellent choice of colors on gear and wheels... actually I am kinda bummed now, cause I saw it was reissue which means it will prob never get made again.... one of my fav dips.

-Scott
  • thanks man.. yeah, i love that orange dip on that deck it really pops. ive seen one come up recently on ebay and i hesitated... and it was gone. i had a pink mcgill, one of the first runs of that re-issue same shape..and i sold it.. still kicking myself for that.. i miss that board. im holding out for hopefully a better colorway coming soon. (hint hint skateone) *
  • Looks like one for every day of the week Nick !! Nice collection ! I'm fond of that green ripper myself.But I agree the orange looks damn cool !! ;) I'll have to be honest...everyones collection gets my wheels churning ! I am again one of those who picked up where he left off several yrs ago.I started rebuilding the collection a couple yrs ago.All of a sudden these big long boxes started showing up at the house.Fed Ex,UPS,USPS all knocking on the door with box after box after box.My wife said"What's all this???" I turned to her...grinned really big and said "A Mid-life Crisis" I'm not too old to skate...just too old to fall"
  • i had a strong urge to build my welinder the other day.. and i decided to build this instead. ;( nothing 2 exciting.. and i already have this deck complete but..this is my favorite graphic and colorway... so why not have 2. i have issues.. i know. =)

• Where you gettin' your wheels and plastic Nick?

I have a similar collection, but I draw the line at plastics! Too expensive and hard to track down!
  • fortunatly i bought all my nose bone, jaw bone and tail bones from skateone.com back in 2007 when they were still available @ $5.00 a piece. the rails i got off ebay, i bought the gorilla ribs in bulk in pink only from seller: toddtwist. he is out of the U.K. and has a s!@t ton of old school accessories, they are pricey but he has good stuff, and i get the vintage wheels from him as well. bought some rib bones here and there @ around $15.00 -20.00 bucks. it's pricey...but it's those details that make it a real complete for me.
  • Good deal, I will check that guy out.

Ever check out oldschoolskates.com? That's where I've been getting my OG wheels.
  • Hi Cwalker

Like Nick, I also watch ebay. About 3 mos ago i bought 4 pair of rib bones diff color for $65. I didn't really need em all at the time, but the colors were great and they eventually will have a home on my boards as I accumulate them. Also bought 5 pack of jaw bones for $20. Also bought some tail bones for under $8 each. I see a range of prices, so I think if your patient and keep eye out you should be able to pick up the plastic with out spending an arm and a leg.

-Scott
  • ive been looking for a pair of short ribs for about a year now, if anyone knows where to get those let me know.
  • The Red Baron ! This one is finished...Now for a nice long ride !!!

Have A Great Holiday Everyone ! Thanks SOC and all who inspire !!!
  • also check out eastcoastskates.com
  • ossie still has thin ribs for $7 a pair .. no mini ribs tho Nick
    http://oldschoolskates.com

Here is my current ride (the day I built it)
    1990 Frankie HIll Van Gogh Ear.
    Yumcha trucks & wheels for running gear atm.. my mate is an ebay seller with tonnes of nos stuff, so Ill be heading to his place to grab some decent running gear for it.
    Its the worse deck for graphics on the bottom, it just doesnt have any!! lol .. the top graphic I love though .. the shape is awesome for me personally, being 6ft,3, it works well on ramps & in parks.
  • My MCGill and an old fart !!!

• I like your style .. carving it up with yer AC/DC shirt on :)
  • Just The beginning....

I await the remaining plastics !!!
    (the rails are speckled grey...perfect color fit)

Cheers !!!!
  • Damn Bitchin ride cameraeye_34 Thanks for the pics bro!
  • So how many of you guys actually RIDE an oldschool board? I mean ride at parks, ramps, pools, ETC all the time not just for nostalgia or cruising.
  • I do noskool. Pure street & the occasional street parks bro. At 32, married w/kids, I don't ride like I used to when I was in my teens but I do put in my time.
  • Yeah DaRule I started back around age 31 or 32 a few years ago. I rode a Mike V Powell Reissue for the first 6 months, then I got on an 8.5 inch popsicle and WOW did my skating change. All my ollies were about 6 inches higher and airs and all other tricks came so much easier. I still ride my oldschool's for fun but need the modern shapes and concaves. Keep pushing DaRule, I ride better at 35 than I did at 15.
  • I ride both myself.I don't know if I ride better at 45 (IE that spare tire and old creaky bones)than I did when I was 14,But I sure am having alot of FUN !!!
  • im riding bowls & parks.. nothing hectic, just cruisin

ramp if I have a few beers
  • Definitly agree with you noskool on the modern pop's. Much more user friendly with the concave & the double kick lighter decks. Man, they made it look so simple back in the day shreddin it up in the 80's.... Shred on my brother!
  • Yeah I have no idea how we/they did all those tricks on the planks we used to skate!? It adds so many cool points when you pull a trick on a oldschool though!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion