Just got my Cab Chinese dragon
  • My first impressions: wow! What a beautiful deck. The graphics look fantastic! Is this a heat transfer process? If it is, TBH, i cant tell the difference between it and my older silk screened decks. Mega props!

I got it gripped and drilled holes for the old school trucks. Right now its rockin old school #10-24 non countersunk hardware :)

Heres my set up:
    NOS Red Tracker quicktracks
    Yellow Santa cruz 60mm 97a OJII's
    Blue santa Cruz Cellblock 1 risers 3/16''
    Orange Thin ribs

Im really wanting some fatter rails than the thin ribs. It looks goofy with those tiny little things. I ended up buying a set of yellow vision WIDE rails off ebay, i dont know anything about them, hopefully they are nice.

Im also wanting to put a tail bone on it, but what size should i get? I think it needs a 8.75..

I swear half the fun of these old school decks is building them..color coodinating etc. I took it for a ride and im pretty satisfied with my set up. The deck has a ton of pop and is alot lighter than the 1987 dragon and bats XT that i was riding. Cant wait to rip it up, looks like this weekend isnt gonna be so good for skating.. rain rain more rain.. :(

btw you guys need to reissue the old double radius rib bones (the ones with the rat nuts "t" nut hardware) those rock wayyy harder than thin ribs.

anyways great job on this deck! Im glad you reissued it! Pics coming soon.
  • yeah the old rails would be nice, but all thats left is thin ribs, when there gone no more rails:(
  • I THINK 8.75 WOULD BE OK FOR THAT DECK.. I HAD AN 8" ON MINE AND I THINK IT WAS A LITTLE SHORT ON EACH SIDE BUT BARELY.. I MEAN BARLEY NOTICABLE.
  • cool thanks nick!

i'll try the 8.75
  • yeah measure it to be sure.. but all i own are 8" and it looked ok.
  • Yeah the widest part of the tail is a little under 8.75. There are alot more color choices with that size. Im thinking i can shorten the sides of the tailbone a hair if need be.
  • for sure. you can defenetly do that.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion