Independent 149 Matte Black
  • Check out these bad boys 149 Matte Black http://fb.me/Gq2dKKTm
  • So pretty... Up until that first grind!

I've been using Theeve's. Their black is more of a powder coat - it holds up real well. And they make a 149 now. They turn amazingly. And Bones bushings are stock!
  • True, thanks for the feedback cwalker3. Are they lighter than the Indy's or about the same?
  • Theeve makes a 'CSX' which is their low end, and a 'TiAX' which is a higher end with a titanium axle. Both are lighter than Indy - the TiAX noticeably so. I've ridden Indy since '85, but I'm a Theeve convert at this point. I still love Indy too.
  • Ahh, now I gotta try a set. Thanks bro.
  • The local shop had a set of Theeves and Indys- the Indys felt lighter. Just sayin...

But yeah, your gonna have to change those bushings in the Indys to Bones anyway...
  • I took a Theeve TiAX 149 and an Indy 149 and blind lifted them each 10x - I picked the Theeve every time. Did you hold a TiAX or CSX? I still find the CSX marginally lighter.

All that said, does a few ounces make a difference? Don't know, don't care. I'm all about the turning and grinding, and they do both great.

Theeve has a lot of hype out there, but I'm just a skater. I can tell you for sure the TiAX is lighter than Indy, and they turn a million times better. I've been known to break/bend a non-Indy truck though - so we'll so how they hold up over the long haul. Like I said, I still love Indy. And hey, decent competition is good for everyone.
  • With all the pads I skate with, a couple ounces in the trucks sure doesn't make a difference. Plus, bigger wheels, no flip tricks, 9" deck... Yeah, not really concerned with weight.

I'm not gonna ride Theeve, but yeah, if you like 'em, go get you some!
  • NEW Independent 139 Forged HOLLOW Axle and Kingpin Anodized Gold http://fb.me/IOKZcxzX
  • Those look nice. I'd be worried about a hollow axle though - I've bent solid Indy axles.
  • all these truck co's need to chill out on weight and just make trucks that turn properly and are sturdy. I'm all for new metals, notice I said METAL, screw this carbon fiber bullshit. AS long as a truck truns right I'm good with it.
  • Oooooooohhh...
  • Yeah, my Theeve's are super light, but I just care about the turning, how they grind, and how they last. I ordered a Graffiti Ripper and it will be a tank with either Indy's or Theeve's...
  • Indys are classic, look great on old school decks, and once the garbage stock bushings are replaced they do their job. But for the 8" popsicles I skate its thunder or tensor. Both grind well and are lighter. There is a noticeable difference in weight.
  • I'm thinking of getting Theeves cause they have an 8.25 width, that is the one thing Indy is missing. Nick Thunder are ok but I have found that Tensor grind and turn like crap, but they are stable as hell and light as a babies fart!
  • "stable as hell and light as a babies fart!" haa haa
  • tensors are atrocious
  • they are stable, and light, and ive never had a problem with them grinding at all... and rodney mullen invented them. and..he's god. the end.
  • haha well not everything mullen invents is good :P
  • yes Mullen is an insane skater and is responsible for modern style skating more or less but he is far from God and probably not the best guy to invent a truck that turns well since most of his skating is linear. Like I said though for ollie and manual tricks they are super stable. I can ollie a good 6 inches higher on Tensors than my Indy's but there is no way I could carve a bowl or ride a ramp on Tensor's.
  • ok you win. his skating is linear, il give you that, and i brought 2 completes to the park today one had tensors the other had thunders both with a new set of bones bushings. and truth be told.. the thunders were way better. there is a difference.
  • You gotta try Theeve Nick. I'm telling you - best turners out there.
  • yea u cant expect too much out of a dwindle company
  • I wouldn't put Dwindle at the top of my list, but they make some 'OK' stuff, and they have some insane teams. I don't buy 'OK' stuff though, unless it's dirt cheap on clearance.
  • do they make theeve in 8" or 8.5"?
  • Yes and yes. And 7.5, 7.75, and 8.25. Skatewarehouse is good place to buy - they don't charge for colors. Like I said above, the colors are sort of powder coated, so it's more durable than plain old paint.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion