Mini Logo made in China?
  • I thought all Skate One products were American Made? I saw a mini logo deck at a local shop that had a "Made in China" stamp.  
  • that is the minilogo red dot there are some things like minilogo,positiv,hoopla,some surf one wheels,some minilogo wheels and some surf one longboards that are made in china it sucks but it is what it is
  • So all mini logo decks are made in China? Or just the red dot mini logo decks?
  • just the red dot
  • i dont really know for sure though because at the bottom of the emails it says

About Skate One™

Skate One has been engineering, manufacturing and distributing high quality skateboard products for over thirty-five years.

Powell-Peralta and most Surf One
    decks are made in the USA at our own skateboard manufacturing factory in
    Santa Barbara, CA using U.S. hard rock maple, AirLam fused with Type 1
    glue and are warranted against delamination for their useful life. PGD, Positiv, PP mini, , Mini Logo and hoopla decks are made the same way we do in Santa Barbara but with our partner in China.

BONES WHEELS, Powell-Peralta, these™ wheels
    and most Surf One and some Mini Logo wheels are made in the USA at our
    own Santa Barbara, CA wheel manufacturing facility using our superior
    urethane technologies and procedures. PGD, Positiv, PP mini, hoopla, and some Mini Logo
    wheels are made with our partner to our demanding specifications and
    then tested during production to ensure consistently high quality.

• I quit buying Santa Cruz decks because of the crappy China wood.  I hope I don't have to stop buying Mini Logo for the same reason. I like to support America.
  • I thought Red Dot indicated birch vs. maple, not country of origin.  
  • birch boards are done with china wood which i like to call the department store wood lol

http://business.transworld.net/37003/uncategorized/michael-furukawa-on-mini-logos-new-line-maxi-value/
  • ALL Mini-Logo decks are now Made In China...there is no more SOC Made In USA Mini Logo decks. 
    I've been told this personally from Mini Logo.
    It's a "with the times" financial thing...

They told me George took extra special care setting up the factory to have them make tall Mini Logo's from now on and that the quality would be exactly the same.

I'm really surprised this is coming up now, this actually happened months and months ago.
    Some stores must be carrying old stock.

The only cosmetic difference's are that the finishes are not translucent anymore. 
    And the size and dimensions are not printed on the deck.
    Same color shades, but just solid color paint now.
    It doesn't appear to have SST, but I've been told it still does, but it's not advertised, so who knows.

I've not yet had the ability to try one yet personally, but I can't see them being all to different because of where they are made.
    To my knowledge from ML their still made w/ the same Maple and glues, and press shapes...just on another continent. 
    If anybody has skated one yet and ridden it for a good while and used to skate the USA made ones please post a review. I'm anxious to see what you think. =)
  • well that sucks
  • Golden Dragon led the way for chinawood

• na because they were using  chinese wood for the angel boy boards and the short lived andy mac skateboards brands
  • I am no longer buying mini logo then.  

I will still support PP and Bones as long as they continue to be American made.  
  • I think they're worth trying at least once or twice. 
    Not EVERYTHING made overseas is bad in the skateboarding world.
    Us older skaters seem to have a "placebo" effect going w/ where things are made sometimes.

I mean does anybody have a problem w/ Bones Reds? I sure don't, and I use Bones Swiss, and Mini Logo bearings as well as Reds, and kinda prefer the Reds over both of them.

Let's give these MIC Mini Logo's a chance, then we'll know for sure, by experience, not pride. 
    George knows what's up, he's pretty strong on quality comes first. 
    Say what you will about the big wig company owners, and trust me I usually do, but George always seems to pride himself over the quality of his products first...and that's why he's still in business for himself after so many others have died and gone away and or used outsourced companies to make their product entirely. 
    They're still Skate One workers making Skate One Mini Logo decks, w/ the same materials and methods, just in China now.

It's worth the $29.99 to see for ourselves.

• u cant really compare metal with wood
  • I know what you mean Bill. 
    I'm just saying I don't wanna hate on them just because of where their decks are now made.
    If they suck, they suck and then we can hate on this change all we want because we know by experience of riding them.
    Any of us here will know quite fast how much difference their is to a regular Santa Barbara Skate One deck.
    Afterall, we are all on a Skate One/Powell Peralta/Bones forum, so we prob all have skated or currently are skating Powell boards. : )
  • it is official now

About Skate One®

Skate One® has been engineering, manufacturing and distributing high quality skateboard products for over thirty-five years.

Powell-Peralta®
    and most Surf One® decks are made in the USA at our own skateboard
    manufacturing factory in Santa Barbara, CA using U.S. hard rock maple,
    AirLam fused with Type 1 glue and are warranted against delamination for
    their useful life. Powell Golden Dragon®, Positiv®, Powell-Peralta®
    Mini, Mini Logo® and hoopla® decks are made the same way we do in Santa
    Barbara but with our partner in China.

BONES
    WHEELS®, Powell-Peralta®, these® wheels and most Surf One® and some Mini
    Logo™
    wheels are made in the USA at our own Santa Barbara, CA wheel
    manufacturing facility using our superior urethane technologies and
    procedures. PGD, Positiv®, PP mini, hoopla®, and some Mini Logo® wheels
    are made with our partner to our demanding specifications and then
    tested during production to ensure consistently high quality
  • Powell-Peralta®
    and most Surf One® decks are made in the USA at our own skateboard 
    manufacturing factory in Santa Barbara, CA using U.S. hard rock maple, 
    AirLam fused with Type 1 glue and are warranted against delamination for
    their useful life. Powell Golden Dragon®, Positiv®, Powell-Peralta® 
    Mini, Mini Logo® and hoopla® decks are made the same way we do in Santa 
    Barbara but with our partner in China.

Am I reading that right....Powell Peralta decks are made in Santa Barbara.....but Powell Peralta decks are made in China?   Huh?

• No the Mini ones. Like the smaller little completes you see in the catalog.
  • the pp mini cruisers are china made
  • I'm going to be ordering one of the new Militant decks very soon so I'll report back about it when I skate one. The MILITANT/Mini Logo deck's now also have an orange ply in the middle of the 7 plys. This will be my first Made In China Skate One deck. An internet friend of mine reviewed one as well. He also uses Skate One wood alot too. 
    Here's what he had to say - 
    "The China Mini Logo 181 deck is just as poppy as the Powell Peralta 181 deck. 
    Both of the decks felt stiff and strong, just the ML 181 dented a little more easily when it got away from me and smashed into a wall; smashed hard enough, the board breaks along all the plies. The PP 181, being drier wood, just chips away instead of breaking all at once. Both decks are highly responsive. The only way you could tell a ML 181 from a PP 181 is the ML 181 is quieter. In conclusion: save your money, buy the ML 181, unless you're just stoked on PP graphics".
  • I just got one and it feels, looks, smells and pops and reacts the exact same. Same wood, shape and everything.
    Only difference is a guy named Mr. Xang in China made it as opposed to guy named Mr. Xang in Santa Barbara.
    The only difference is that the Mr. Xang in China works for less, and therefore that's why said products are to be able to be priced as low as they are. 

Also just throwin it out there but the new Mini Logo trucks are infuckingcredible!
    I like them better then my Indy's and my Theeves. 
    They out skate every pair of trucks I've tried in years and years of trying everything!
    (If Powell Peralta came out w/ them and they had Powell triple P logo everybody would be stoked about them, but then they also wouldn't be $30 either). That baffles me because I think they could out skate prob anyones favorite truck.
    They are seriously a game changer for me lately, and gear usually don't change my game that much. 
    Better pop and smoother grinds - more confidence skating them too.
    They are really light, but super strong and have precision axles. Cool shaped hangers to sit on grinds better.
    The height of them is like a Mid truck, low but not Tensor low, they are about the height of Indy Lows.

Some of you need to get over Chinese product stigmas and go out and TRY before you HATE.
    I've been riding skateboards and all sorts, types and makes since 1988 and I can tell you George ain't putting his companies name on Chinese crap without him saying it's to SOC Cali standards, all the MIC stuff gets tested before they even become available for sale.

The real crap is the false hype and then let downs of all those Bones Brigade 1st release decks. (sorry had to say it)

Luckily, I can't afford hyped skate stuff and I get to be the guy that rocks Mini Logo and all of their Chinese products. : )
    (and not because of the price, I have a few other setups made by PS Stix, DLX, Elephant etc too, they sit unused).
  • I just see alot of hate towards Made In China skate products on this and other older skater like minded forums.

Their is and always will be a difference in QUALITY control Made In China, and the shit that goes to Walmart etc.
    Sadly because of the name "China" on a label they get mixed up.  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion