vertical skating
  • wish it was still in the forefront of skating() rails and nollies ? SL ? Stairs ?   seems boring to me !
  • in the early days we street skated after vert sessions! maybe an hour or a downhill run to end the day !
  • I really dig on vert skating still too..but I also like seeing crazy gaps and stairs being taken on, and skaters grinding stuff that seem too long or that look impossible getting in a position to grind said grind stuff
  • Randumb posting of an old 1991 Vert contest. Fun to watch:

Hawk, Cab, D Way are in this section.
  • And the final runs of the contest.
  • I guess that's why I never really cared for vert skating.  When I watch vert, especially back then, I see frontside indy, frontside stale, frontside mute, backside mute, allyoop, McTwist, frontside indy tweak, backside railside.  Next skater, same run, next skater, same run.  It's a bunch of 180* variants, always seemed boring to me.  Even watching the videos, I would watch the whole thing the first viewing, then every time after I would FFW through the vert stuff.

• Is Hawk riding one of those double kicktail toe knee hawk boards?

• try a backside air on vert and you will see -all skating is repetitive like your street skating rail s rails rail s !!!
  • Wow. lol
  • Bermyskater, I think he is skating one of those Toe Knee Hawk double kick boards.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion