Pink Moutain
  • I started a new thread because the old Mountain thread threw a malware alert in my browser due to links to Skatesonhaight.com...

Anyway, cross this one off the bucket list - it was essentially my holy grail.
  • I was going for a 1988-ish FP, hence the G Bones.  I got a Hawk with the same color setup for Christmas that year, always wanted a Mountain like it.  Only difference is it would have had the winged ripper.  
  • That sir..is bitchin!
  • That's awesome, perfect setup.  
  • Are you going to ride this one?
  • Sadly I'm not going to ride this one.  I am riding the green one though.  It's flexy, but all I do is cruise on it.  I skate popsicles for real work.
  • Yea I know what you mean. I have a Mike V deck I mess around on and I all other skating is on the new stuff as well.

The set up looks really nice.
  • love the trucks
  • Absolutely Perfect!!.   I see a G Bones trend here alot lately.  Im all about the '88' myself, best year of my life. You guys think the rat bones''   http://www.skateone.com/powell-peralta-rat-bones-ii-60mm-97a-black-4-pack '' fit in there as well as the G Bones?     Id love the exact same with rat bones and blue grip.  Its not a bad idea to keep your distance from me with that set up CWALKER3 id accidentally nabb that set up off of you in a heart beat :)
  • if it goes missing we know who to blame^^^^^^^
  • That looks killer Walky.. velly noice
  • CWALKER3  How did you do such a great job on the griptape, the edges look perfect.
  • I just use a dull file to mark the edge, and a new sharp razor blade.
  • Stanley knives are the way to go
  • I'm trying to set up my pink Mountain similarly. I have the blue Powell tailbone, and NOS rib bones, pink Cross Bones. All I need is the blue nosebone and risers. Where did you get those blue risers??

Sick looking setup!
  • What size tail bone would fit the reissue hawk, 8.75 or 9.0 ?
  • You can get blue tracker risers on ebay, they have the old school bolt pattern. I might have some extra ones.
  • So since there is talk of set ups here, I have a question for everyone.I just got a NOS Ray Underhill Iron Cross deck for $26. (Guess no one wanted to bid on it) I am going to set it up and ride it. I have some old '90's Gullwing Street Shadow Trucks and some old T Bones I will be setting it up with. So the question is would you use Rat Nuts (Sex Bolds) or just wood screws for the rails?
  • wood screws suck, i'd go with sex bolts
  • CHRISAK - skatewarehouse.com has Vision risers in blue.  My rails are rib bones too.  I've struck out trying to find a blue tail so far.  Are you using original Cross Bones, or the bigger, skinnier ones?  I love the originals...

MYREN - definitely go for rat nuts!
  • Yep old school bolts are the way to go
  • wood screws for me always ended up coming out.. use to annoy me as as kid lol
  • Thanks, I was leaning toward the Rat Nuts for the get go. But thought I would ask seeing as I did not have any on hand.
    So I just got some Rat Nuts off Eblah. I will post a photo when I have everything set up. Hopping to have the deck in this week.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion