MIKE MCGILL SNAKESKIN PETITION !
  • youd be surprised. =)
  • Thanks POWELL for listening to your supporters!!!!!!!!! And thanks for reissuing the SnakeSkin that we all wanted!!!!
  • Hopefully it's not dead and just on the back burner for the next catalog.
  • hopefuly people still care by the next catalog.
  • I've been wanting 1 of these to ride and 1 to hang for the longest. It would be cool if they would reissue it. I am not going to spend hundreds of dollars on a OG to hang and to ride its just not feasable. If its not in the next catalog I will be done with Powell Peralta.
  • This is a complete waste of time. Way to alienate your fanbase Powell. I honestly think I'm done until you guys pull your heads out and do something akin to what Santa Cruz is doing recently. DITCH THE ARCHAIC CATALOG RELEASE SYSTEM!!! Release a few things at a time on a monthly of Bi-Monthly basis and *GASP* make the people that buy your products and pay your bills HAPPY!!!

Yeah Nick thanks for spearheading this, too bad the powers that be are too stupid to do things like this or a Hawk (Yes I know he needs to sign off but he said he wants to do it) that will be a license to print money. I think you hit it on the head, nobody is going to give a Rat's by the time they grace us with their next worthless catalog. I certainly won't. This has made me decide to pull the trigger and get a SC Jessie Neptiune reissue. I was holding off hoping that Powell would give me something worth buying but that obviously didn't happen.
  • signing the petition again - Fly Powell Peralta - give it time fellas - go skate
  • "Fly Powell Peralta - give it time fellas - go skate"

good advice. =)
  • well going by this catalog I will not be "Flying" anything current. Oh well I'll just skate my Vintage Hawk Medallion.
  • Is this ever going to happen?

Discouraging to see this has been petitoned for over a year now, and I still don`t have the SnakeSkin McGill.
    This was the board that started it all for me.. I want that board back so badly it`s not even funny.

I signed up here just to say that..
  • well im sure it wasnt in their 2009 plans but in a few months it will be a whole new year so it is possible that something could happen
  • No we will maybe get some new colors for the same old boards.
  • hey i just found a mcgill mousepad! http://cgi.ebay.com/Mousepad-POWELL-PERALTA-SKATEBOARD-1-LAST-MOUSEPAD_W0QQitemZ280399766779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414920e4fb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
  • I see stuff like that all the time on ebay, imitation PP shirts, mouse pads, hats, you name it. Anything that someone can silk screen or simply iron-on a logo is on ebay. To me, I wouldn't buy something I can create myself for pennies.....let alone support someone who is simply ripping off someone else's work to make a quick buck.

Unless of course that particular item is an official PP item....but I would imagine it isn't.
  • I think at this time I am not going to hold my breath. This taking over a year and still resulting in nothing shows to me that the powers that be here don't give a damn what we want.
  • "This taking over a year and still resulting in nothing shows to me that the powers that be here don't give a damn what we want. "

YEP.. I LOVE POWELL PERALTA.. ALWAYS WILL..BUT..IVE LOST INTREST AT THIS POINT. ITS TOO BAD
  • And it's pretty obvious that no one cares.
  • yeah... they dont. oh well....it is what it is. its sad.
  • "YEP.. I LOVE POWELL PERALTA.. ALWAYS WILL..BUT..IVE LOST INTREST AT THIS POINT"

This says it all. Thanks for nothing Powell.
  • "I think at this time I am not going to hold my breath. This taking over a year and still resulting in nothing shows to me that the powers that be here don't give a damn what we want."

Word on that.. It's pretty obvious that whoever is "In Charge" over at Powell is totally out of touch - OR, like you said.. They "Don't Give A Damn"
  • My guess is that there is just more easy money in the Bones wheel/bearing division. And let's be honest, they are both at or near the top of the charts in the industry there. Hopefully if they do really well there, it will result in more stuff in the other divisions.
  • "And let's be honest, they are both at or near the top of the charts in the industry there."

Exactly, cwalker3 said it!!!

Powell / Bones wheels have been around since the 70's and they're still here - and to top it off - Powell has the best wheel ever made. To say that they don't give damn is pretty harsh - maybe they're looking at the present day and more interested in staying current by continuing to develop better skateboard products rather than being one of those companies that solely milk the past.

If and when that board comes out I'll be second in line behind Nick to get one. But, if it doesn't, I'm not going to trip out over it and loose faith in a company that has done nothing but promoted pure skateboarding for over thirty years.

What do we know, maybe there's more to it. Maybe if Mike would get off the Wal Mart train Powell would be more inclined to put out a deck that would boost his monthly revenue more so than the same old pig that's been out for years. No disrespect to McGill, he's hands down a rad skater, an overall nice guy, and has a great skate shop in SD - But come on, still doing the Wal Mart thing! Cheap shit (wal mart) and quality pricepoint skateboards (golden dragon) are two different things. I realize this thread is about a demand for a specific board and I don't want to derail it, just saying there could be more to it.

Now I'm going to skate home from work on my Ray Bones CONTEMPORARY.
  • Right. On the grand scale of things, if they stopped making STF's and Swiss, I would probably look into building an army to march on SOC headquarters.

But still, some old school love would be appreciated.
  • im sure their phones would be flooded
  • I've been waiting for years. I'm down for either the spoon or the mid 80's street shape. I would start with two, one for the wall and one to ride. Then it's one for the office and waiting for more colors to come out. 1st issue has to be black background with purple snake skin!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion