Mike McGill Bottlenose petition

I figured what the hell... Is it impossible, of course not were talking about a piece of wood and a heat transfer. When your a company that makes skateboards any shape and graphic is possible especially when the guy still rides for you.

Comments

• I won't sign this petition until you fix the terrible grammar and spelling you have used above lol
  • edited October 2014
    Lol... I'm a network engineer not spelling bee champ.. I don't no-know whether-weather its-it's the right-write way to-too spell things or not-knot
  • Signed.
    Make it happen. & while your at it, add these as well as the others to the catalogues.
  • Haha fair enough mudslinger, consider this my signature. Also, I sent Kam an email this morning on your guys behalf asking if AnimalChin could address this issue and the colors chosen..hopefully we'll hear something
  • Ok dudes, Kam was kind enough to respond in detail to my email I sent him this morning. Here's his reply;

"Thanks for the email.  Been checking the forum, but have been too busy to write anything up.  Just keeping up with emails is tough. I will try to get on there tomorrow.

Regarding the reissues, I think it is impossible to make everyone happy at the same time, hopefully in the future with all the different reissues and colors and shapes, we can satisfy the masses.

The shapes were chosen from a variety of decks I pulled from the archives. The pros, brand manager and art dept discussed the choices before coming to a conclusion.  The colors were decided for this run only, not knowing if we will make any more. 

Good thing is that if we stop with bones Brigade decks, we can continue with Cab and McGill on Powell Peralta decks.  So I am confident that the snakeskin McGill deck will be made in more colors in the future.  Waiting for the Pink and purple one myself, hoping it will get done.

I have looked for the original bottle nose deck mold for the last 10 years and have yet to locate it.  If I ever do, maybe we will make it.  But until than, we can be happy with the shapes chosen.

> Mullen- new color way, same classic shape, 202. Circa 1985
    >
    > McGill- different version of Skull and Snake artwork, on shape 215. Circa 1988
    >
    > Guerrero- Classic TG Flaming Dagger artwork on the more pointy nose shape, 233. Circa 1988
    >
    > Mountain- limited version of the FP art, same classic shape, 156. Circa 1985

>
    > Hawk- Classic Hawk Skull graphic with background layers on the larger deck with shaped nose, 232. Circa 1988
    >
    > Caballero- CAB Street (Dragon and Bats) artwork on shape 150. Circa 1988

Cheers!
    kam"

• More Cabs & McGill colours, excellent!
    If need be, there are plenty of people who have an og bottle to copy.
  • I like the sound of more colors even if its not on the bottle nose. Can someone please school me, so did they use the decks from the archive to create new molds for these decks that are being released? If so that means they need a bottle nose McGill to create a mold.
  • CALL UP MCGILL SO IT CAN GET TRACED
  • 1988, that's when skateboarding took off in Australia. Everyone had a board back then.
  • I was so stoked when he mentioned the color thing, it's not a definite yet but if Kam's confident that's a pretty good sign it'll happen. Still, you'd think that this run would have to sell well for them to consider more colors...so buy up if you can lads, don't sit around and wait for the next color or shape! lol
  • edited October 2014
    Skateboarding took off years before 1988 here, considering also places like Five Dock & Olds Park were built in the mid 70's
    Everyone I know had a board back in 1979 at my earliest recollection, Skateboard World Burwood & Hurstville shops in Syd were open around 1984ish, Kempt Field bowl was built in 1986, Martin Place demos roughly the same time.
    The gauge is the Bones Brigade Video Show. When that was released, skating was full fledged in Sydney

• I wasn't born until '80 so can't really say when 'it took off', all I know is I started skating in '87
  • Crikey Slip. You were only a tadpole when most of us started skating, considering a lot of us are around 40
  • Lol I know man I always felt I was born about 5 or 6 years too late. Imagine being 12 when Nirvana came on tour to never return. It was pretty rough when my brother got home and told me all about that concert
  • I'm further up the coast from Sydney Doc.....anything in Sydney taking off was always later with our area. Yeh l remember the pics in Slam and Skatin'Life Mags of Five Dock, Manly Half Pipe, and and few other parks in Melbourne and Queensland.
  • edited October 2014
    How are far up are you boner? don't forget skateboarding australia mag. i also remember such locations as quaker's hill in western syd, manly corso which was also skated by the bones brigade in propaganda i think, woden at canberra, praharn and mordy where ocd hails from in vic, tugan in queensland... i still have all my mags including pristine copies of slam 1 and 2 issues
  • Belco in canberra was rad, loved that skatepark growing up
  • edited October 2014
    Central Coast Wake. I wish l still had all my mags. Would love to go through them and look all the ads.
  • Skatin Life haha.. I have a mate whose got loads of mags, heaps of Skatin Lifes as well.

• If he wants to get rid of them, I'll be interested.

• Hey boner, sorry for taking so long to reply. i live in newy, but the central coast is like a second home for me, because i know lot of people from work who live there, we call them triple c's, and i also terminate a lot of trains at wyong and gosford, amongst other places. yes, i'm the terminator... sarah connor? on a serious note what happened to the half pipe at gosford skatepark? and have you ever skated wyee? super gnarly with it's rough surface. you have to run it out when bailing
  • Just typical Gosford Council running their crappy parks into the ground. I've ridden that ramp a few times, but l found the flat bottom too short. Newy has the sick parks! Bar Beach bowl is awesome. Nah dude, never skated Wyee. What's it like?
  • It's a half pipe, similar transitions to gosford, with a little more flat, and wider, but precast concrete with no urethane coating. the shallow part of bar beach bowl is my limit, the deep bowl is too much wall. how is slam factory boner?
  • Awesome. I haven't been there since they changed it around a bit, but they still have the wooden bowl. It's more taylored to street, but there is a couple of mini ramps in there that are fun too. It's worth a look, but go there when it first opens, especially on a Friday. There's usually just a couple of skaters, so there's no crowding.
    Did you ever ride Fairfield skatepark? It was next to the pools there. Sick park, but forget it during school holidays! Don't know why it shut down. That place was so fun.