Fake Bones Swiss. How can you tell ?

2»

Comments

• just buy from a shop from now on problem solved
  • Right, I get that. The seller did just issue me a refund right away, no questions asked.
  • Just quit buying stuff from eBay.
  • So when it comes to bearings, the consensus seems to be stay away from eBay and Amazon and just go to your local shop or buy from a reputable shop online. Now what about other skate stuff? I've bought new trucks, used wheels, and NOS plastics from eBay and all have been good. I have also gotten a couple of completes from Amazon which came directly from Amazon and those were fine (other than Amazon has no idea how to package a skateboard in a box). Have any of you gotten some bad deals on other skate stuff from eBay or Amazon?
  • edited November 2017
    the thing is that when it comes with that stuff u know what ur getting but when it comes to stuff like bearings or something similar u dont really know what ur gonna get especially when they are stock photos but then again i saw someone order a game system from ebay or amazon and someone put a bunch of dead bugs in it
  • Amazon had a crazy deal ($20 shipped) on a Stereo Chris Miller that was a great shape so I bought it. It was pretty warped so I returned it and had another shipped. That one was also warped, just less so. I returned it and got my money back.

On the other side, I have picked up a couple Powell popsicle completes for my kids for under $30 each (I think one was under $20) and they were fine.
  • yea it is just a hit or miss but better safe than sorry
  • Has anyone here ever gotten "fake" Reds bearings? I think I just got some. I bought them on Amazon I skated them two times and they stopped rolling. After popping them out of the wheels I saw what looks like oil leaking out of the bearings. DOH! (No I did not put anything into the bearings, they just look like this.)

PHOTOS

• edited February 2019
    i was talking this chinese company and they were offering me free bones bearings and all i had to do was pay shipping and they even have a thing called bones swiss ceramics labyrinths lol

p.s. they tell u in the video to stay away from amazon and only by from skateshops

also please be aware these are now hitting skateshops!
  • Word. Buy direct from SkateOne
  • The real giveaway for me was the rolling performance when I suspected I'd gotten a set of fake Swiss. The difference was pronounced and I noticed it immediately. I love a deal as much as the next dude, but I hate getting ripped off about as much. I agree with everyone that it's too sketchy out in the world, and the Chinese steal IP constantly. It's what they do.
  • Like with Indy’s!
  • I normally get bearings when I buy wheels, mostly from skate one. But I bought some of those wheels that skate one was selling back in December (bless) of Amazon to get them quickly. But yea stick to known skate shops.
  • speaking of amazon those idiots leaked out everyones info yesterday
  • Sweet. That's good news...
  • What’s the bet they send you the shitty Reds instead. Lol
  • lol reds are good though
  • They are ok. Not as good as Swiss though Biebs.
  • well duh lol