Lets see you shredding

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Nice rock n roll at the end @dofrenzy , glad to be of help. That mental block that you are getting is similar to what I was getting in regards to going over a spine...one second you are on one transition, then on neither but the spine coping, then on the next transition. How the Hell. But I bit the bullet, tried, and through practice achieved!
  • @WakeInFright - You all are an inspiration....going over spines, sliding on rails, ollies....and I can barely rock to fakie! Thanks for putting up with me here. Over zealous newbies are a pain, I know. Congrats on getting over that spine.
  • The "rock" part is indeed pretty sketchy at first. When I first started to think I had it locked down I started hanging up and slamming straight to the flat. Ever since then I've been sketched out by it and have a tendency to hop off when I get a really solid rock from the middle or so of the board.
  • @SkaterRick - yup, you know exactly what I’m talking about! Popping the wheels out and in again feels beginner....rocking for a moment on the coping feels much harder than beginner. Oh yeah, there’s also speed control, so I need to be at a pretty consistent speed so the board doesn’t slide all the way forward when I rock. Speed control doesn’t feel so beginner either. This $hit is hard!
  • Once the transition it too steep I lose the ability to rock to fakie due to speed in the fakie movement. I can still rock n roll on them, just coming in fakie throws me. We are all learners @dofrenzy . The day you stop learning is the day you die!
  • Kids are just so rubbery
    I remember reading how babies can bounce

I got super soft skin for a 57 yr old and never broken a bone except for my skull eye socket has a big crack in it from a surfboard hitting me in the cheek

• After I finally got rock to fakies at this DIY spot 10/10 times in a row, I figured I had them on lock, and tried one up a transition to wall feature. Just fell pretty much straight down, like a sack of crap.
  • Ouch @McRad and @ghostbuster . @Wheelbyte , I have the same fracture, same side except from eye socket to nose I believe, as my plate runs down the side of my nose. Unless it is the same as yours and the plate straddles the fracture???
  • Had a fantastic session with the kids this morning at the park. Spent most of it getting acclimated to the big (to me) mini ramp (~5 ft high, no vert). And getting my rolling ollies back. Got warmed up faster and no knee pain today. Still stoked over this Anderson flight deck. Not sure how to describe it, but my old school shape Elephant deck goes all over the place when I ollie, but the Anderson is rock solid. That board is right under my feet when I'm ready to land. Anyway- we got about 2 hours in and left feeling like we all got a little better today which is what I stress to them every time we go. Just get a little better. try one new little thing. Enjoy the journey.
  • edited September 2019
    Not sure where my plates are @WakeInFright but my crack actually seems to run straight downward from the middle of the lower edge of my right socket [the image is a stock photo off the net]
    The tail of the surfboard after impacting the cheek, diverted upward off my cheek and nearly took out my right eye.
    Eye surgery at 2am and hospital for a week

Frankly thats kinda weird that you have one too....
  • Car accident @Wheelbyte , head on! My head thumped into a timber steering wheel, shattering my nose and fracturing my skull. A week in hospital too, and frequent visits to the plastic surgeon to ensure everything was going as it was meant to. I took a while to get confident enough to engage in physical activity, like skating, because of the possibility of impacts.
  • Yeah man I hear ya big time
  • Do you still have dramas with your sinuses @Wheelbyte ?
  • Only from gluten and dairy and and which I still have sometimes.

Yin disorders often manifest with rhinitus.
    I know they will dry up if I lose some more weight and quit food allergens that I'm addicted too,, because they cause an adrenaline spike as my body prepares for a fight
    Dairy is an opiate thats why warm milk before bed for sleep
    Glutomorphins as well as casomophins
    Plus adrenaline for me as I dont digest them properly

The foods you love too much are often food allergens
    Allergen foods = runny nose
  • For me it’s seasonal change and hay fever that can trigger Rhinitis or Sinusitis. Yeah, I get dairy can make you mucousy. Gluten affects my gut more. Most people( 60% of the population ) are allergic to Salicylates, yet they will put it down to gluten or dairy. I have found since I have soup for breakfast, reduced meat intake, in particular processed meats, and minimised junk food I am feeling much better and shed some weight of my gut. I only drink low carb beer these days as well!
  • edited September 2019
    Most people are allergic to hemp flowers
    hence red eyes!

I've been in an air con space mon-fri these last few weeks
    and so I caught a cold and have been having all sorts of respiratory conditions
  • Up North on holidays and learned rail slides on sloped rails. Stoked!
  • edited October 2019
    yeah Dad!
    so Murwillumbah now for Holidays and no more Yamba?
  • edited October 2019
    Kirra! Went for a skate at Tugun, then Murwillumbah @Wheelbyte !
  • Its raining again all week here, nearly impossible to skate except parking buildings
    I'm so jealous, esp now ACT is legalising
  • @WakeInFright sweet board slide!
  • Thanks guys!