Lets see you shredding

Comments

• Hey so I’m almost reaching my second year in skateboarding. I often feel like I’m not good enough and always push myself to do better. Skateboarding is a part of me now and it always will be. I made a video couple months back with my clips check it out and tell me what you think.
    That’s the link
  • @breezynic0 Really nice work....I am impressed by your ground skills! Keep skating!
  • Aaaaahhhh....to be young again! Good stuff @breezynic0 ! I have to contend with low ceilings and clothes drying! Lol
  • lol @BackInAction lockdown has also been bad for my shoes but I buy them from STRAYE and they're cheap so IDC about ruining them so quickly
  • @WakeInFright I spy a Pro Kennex
  • That the wifey’s @BackInAction
  • edited July 2020
    A bit later on the day of this filming I did the old “front foot on, back foot off SPLIT”, and now the insides of my knees feel hyperextended. Best split I ever did though, no doubt, but lots of knee pain on insides of knees.

This is a video of my 50-50 grind on the 4 ft. tranny, but to be honest, the real trick here is the roll in just before the grind. It’s taken many months to finally commit to the roll in but it has opened up a world of possibilities for me, including my first grinds!

EDIT - also a clip of my 11 year old here, on her first day of dropping in on the 6 foot transition

• Yeah it is cool @dofrenzy ! I wish @myren would post more of his skating on his bendy board too!
  • This thread makes me stoked.
  • edited July 2020
    Thanks @myren and @WakeInFright I hope you like my socks....before I turned 50, they were “compression socks for the ultra athlete”, but as soon as I turned 50 they immediately became “support hose”. I was really feeling like a grandpa that day so I pulled the socks all the way up.

The roll-in is still too sketchy to try with round coping yet but I am stoked on getting it with flat coping for now. “Feeling” the back wheels lock in for the 50-50 grind has taken some time and I am still dialing that in, but I gotta admit I get a rush watching that video. What a blast.

@ghostbuster yeah this is getting me stoked too, going to hit the skatepark now!
  • Nice @myren ! That ramp looks rad!
  • @myren That is so cool.
  • Yeah, @myren ! I had to watch that clip like ten times to figure out how your board wrapped around your foot. Awesome!
    @dofrenzy - did you really just recently start skating? I'm stoked to see you going for it!
    Here's my goofy clip - @SkaterRick shot it with me at a mountain biking park around Atlanta...
  • That is so cool that people on this forum can skate together!
  • edited July 2020
    @VatoRat I just "learned" that trick. It took me a bit to figure that one out. Those where my first few makes. Is that a BMX park your at?

@dofrenzy thanks.

@WakeInFright that ramp can be fun, but the lack of coping makes it hard to ride at times.
  • @VatoRat Yep, I started about 14 months ago, just trying to get a QP drop-in for my 50th b-day. It took 2-3 weeks for me to get it, but then I was hooked big time. So I figured I would try to get as much skateboarding in as possible. We are looking for a new house right now too, so I am pushing for a big yard or garage or somewhere I can build a ramp.

I’ve had a total of a little over 2 months of no skating due to back injuries during this time but I am basically addicted to skateboarding right now.

The part of the @myren trick that gets me is that he isn’t really dropping in after the flip, more like jumping on the board. Impressive stuff.

• edited July 2020
    @WakeInFright - yeah, I'm pretty stoked to have met @SkaterRick . We live on opposite sides of the Atlanta, GA (USA!) metro, but link up to skate as often as we can. Funny, it didn't take long to figure out actually had friends-of-friends/bandmates. And yeah man, If I ever get down to Australia...

@myren - it's at a mountain bike park, which I didn't even realize that sort of thing existed. The best part is their pump track...

@dofrenzy - that's SO RAD. I have a friend who just started skating at age 37. I really had a tricky time envisioning how far he might progress, but after seeing your posts, clearly it's possible to get pretty good! Keep it up, man!
  • Come down under @VatoRat and I will put you up for a few nights, hit a few parks, and sink a lot more brews!
  • edited July 2020
    Yeah, we have fun around Atlanta. @VatoRat and I get together when we can, plus I've got a few older dudes I hang out with at the parks on my side of the hemisphere. One of them snapped this a few weeks ago.

• @WakeInFright - thanks so much, man! I really hope one day I can make it down there. We can talk about old cars and Windows Phones. And dude, please let me know if you're ever up this way. The offer stands here as well!

Great photo @SkaterRick !
  • Respect to @SkaterRick. I can’t do *anything* frontside. Awesome pic!