Lets see you shredding

Comments

• This Skatelite is super slippery....the 80a wheels are sluggish but good on this surface!
  • @WakeInFright Nice style and flow! Love that rock-roll and rock-fakie.
  • edited February 2021
    Thanks @dofrenzy ...I was cooking in there! My t shirt was soaked in sweat. They need some ceiling fans
  • edited March 2021

• @WakeInFright so cool man, I am so stoked watching these! Solid.
  • Thanks @dofrenzy ! You been skating much lately?
  • edited March 2021
    @WakeInFright Unfortunately no, my knees are still healing from my slam 7 months ago but I am occupying myself just fine! I am hoping to have some footage for this thread soon, but I am mad stoked to see your clips. What a cool park. Here’s my personal mini “park” in progress!

Ramp specs:

2 & 3/8” (60.325mm) outer diameter schedule 40 coping
      7 foot transition radius
      3.5 feet tall
      8 feet wide
      8 feet of flat
      Surface (not shown): Gator Skins (90% installed but it is rainy season here!)
    I’ve taken a few test runs on the Gator Skins. It feels super fast, but all I can do is drop-in right now. 3 slams after attempting to rock-fakie the coping was enough! The coping is a bit more than I am accustomed, but it definitely repels my wheels. It’s one observation I have made:

I am not lifting my front wheels enough so the coping “pushes” them out at me as I go over and now I am scared! But just a little. My first clips will def. be of me relearning my small bag of tricks.

• Nice @dofrenzy ...awesome ramp! Sorry about the knees...do you pad up?
  • edited March 2021
    @WakeInFright Oh yeah, full pads. Here’s my injury:

stand up straight with feet double-shoulder-width apart and bend at the knees, but let your knees move toward each other as you bend.

For my injury, my knees touched together AND they touched the ground from that position. Feeling tons better now though!

• Ouch! How did you not do your ankles as well?
  • Physics is my first guess. My feet were just far enough apart and I had momentum from dropping into a 7' (~2.13 meter) concrete QP. I barely remember details of coming off the board....it felt like I was thrown off the board actually. What it *did* also get was my hips. Climbing into either side of a car might never be the same.

I know I am lucky and I am dialing back my stoke to a safer level!
  • edited March 2021
    Glad you are ok @dofrenzy . Did you get physio done? I had a hip injury almost a year ago and after physio it is better than before!
  • That is definitely good advice @WakeInFright I plan to get physio etc. when the COVID stuff dies down. Until then just moving normally and doing some range of motion and whatever exercises Google suggests!
  • Sounds like a plan mate!
  • Not sure if this counts as shredding. But this is the longest rail slide I have ever done.

Anyway it's all just for fun right...
  • @myren it must count as shredding when your rails get shredded! That was a cool slide.
  • @myren that is cool and KOTR quality! You needed a twerker nearby!
  • edited April 2021
    So my ramp has proven to be quite a challenge. It is just tall enough to change everything about my already small list of beginner tricks, so I am back to basics after skating this for about a month. It took a month just to get a decent rock-fakie and my switch-rock is new and sketchy (more like a fakie-rock really). Anyway, my slam from 7 months ago has given me a new respect for skateboarding and I am staying mellow and within my limits. What you can’t see in the video are my knee-high compression socks, knee compression sleeveS AND thick flexible knee-pads!

• Rad stuff @dofrenzy ....that ramp is super cool!
  • Thanks @WakeInFright ....It is a fun ramp for sure. Our 15 year old doesn’t do much but the 12 year old shreds with her rollerblades daily. I do what I can on it....
  • edited May 2021

• edited May 2021
    @wakeinfright Sweet 50-50 grind brother. That pool coping looks fun and you make it look easy. I’ve been slightly injured and taking it easy so watching you shred was a “shot in the arm” for me. Seeing the kids being stoked for you is bonus material. Thanks for sharing the clips!
  • That pool coping is so sketchy because it sticks out heaps and is super slippery. Thanks @dofrenzy
  • @WakeInFright that is interesting. There’s a local nearby that with pool coping that also sticks out a ton, like someone had no idea how to make skate-able pool coping. Then again, I’ve never skated a pool either!
  • @WakeInFright that park looks so fun! I am coming over as soon as travel gets back to normal!