Faves from your own collection

15678911»

Comments

• it's mainly because of plane fuel cause it costs about $25,000 to $50,000 to fill up a plane
  • @brigade_bill the shipping usually isn't that bad to Australia (or Europe where I buy a lot, too) but the customs kill you.
  • shipping is huge from the u.s. to the oceania as it is just 50 dollars just to send wheels over there or 30 dollars to receive bearings from china
  • edited April 2021
    If I am buying a $65USD deck it will typically cost me about $135USD all up. Of course it is better value to ship multiple items.
    What shits me is that certain shops over here are gouging customers over more collectable decks. So PP, Vision etc are going for $145USD, whereas New Deal are going for $90USD! Other shops will sell the same PP, Vision decks for $125USD.
  • yea that is nuts
  • @WakeInFright But there are some great shops there in Australia, right? Seems like I can always find good deals on some great decks and there are a ton of shops (the shipping/customs sucks, as mentioned before). You would think that will so many shops they would not be able to gouge for locals.
  • The gougers are the bigger shops that screwed over all the little ones in the past by undercutting them, so they couldn’t compete. Now it’s the other way around. They get more stock from the distributors whilst the little guys get a few decks. Each time the little guys get stock I make sure I post on Facebook so people can buy from them to help prop them up!