So what are you listening to

Comments

• the old nostalgia excuse
    does everytime you have a bat remind you of the first time you did.. I doubt it
  • edited July 2015
    I'm also a sucker for shitty 80s music so I love the BB video tunes too. The Descendents are on rotation at my pad lately. My other punk that's always on standby: Rancid, Screeching Weasel, Social Distortion and for Ska, Voodoo Glow Skulls.
  • edited July 2015
    It's not an excuse Doc, it's a reason. I don't need an excuse to listen to music.

I love the Descendents and All too, @HawkHair. I got to see All on the Pummel tour and Descendents on the Everything Sucks tour. Both great lineups. I really liked Scott Reynolds as the singer in All, though. Wonder what he's doing now?
  • edited July 2015
    @JB77 Did you happen to see the Descendents at Soma in San Diego around that time of Everything Sucks? - That's where I last saw them live.

I don't think many of y'all are in Cali, but check this show out. I really want to go and I have family near there so they would be a good excuse for me to go there :)
  • edited July 2015
    Nope, I saw them at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill, NC.
  • been listening to the faction a lot lately
  • Devo, "Freedom of choice"! Check out the clip for the skaters/skating!!!
  •  S      L      A      Y     E      R       !!!!!!!
  • Yeah! That's funny because I'm listening to slayer right now
  • Always been a punk/hardcore/metal fan and musician. To me skating on Integrity is as awesome as it is on Rancid, Op Ivy and Hot Water Music. But nowadays best bands to me are Twitching Tongues, Cult if Luna and The Ocean.
  • I counted at least Tony Alva and Stacy Peralta in that Devo clip dudes!
  • Maiden-Somewhere In Time
  • Maiden F'ing Rules!

• edited August 2015
    Slayer sundays

• edited August 2015

• Slayers Reign in Blood is definitely the best metal album ever made. Many think that Metallica's Master of Puppets maybe the best album but in my opinion there is no contest nothing will ever touch Reign in Blood.
  • edited August 2015
    Sorry. Imo, wrong! Ride the lightning, and Kill em all are far superior. So is Megadeth's Rust In Peace, and Anthrax's Among the Living and Persistence of Time! Don't get me wrong, Slayer are good, but not that good. They are almost punk metal in their sound dude
  • Lmao.To each his own. Persistence of time blows in my opinion. Ride the lighting and kill em all are good but Metallica are true sellouts. Slayer may have a bit of punk influence but at least they haven't sold out like so many bands have.
  • edited August 2015
    Anthrax and Megadeth are arguably better than Slayer, but Metallica is not.  But good luck convincing a Metallica fan of that, they are worse than Rush fans.       
  • Megadeth used be a great band (Rust in Peace, Peace sells....). They haven't put out anything good since Dave Mustaine quit doing drugs. I met him in 1995 in Philadelphia and he is an a-hole.
  • Sepultura Chaos A.D. Dave isn't as a big a-hole as Lars and James
  • Choas A.D. is a killer album. Max is a very cool guy. I have met a lot of bands and some you can tell that they are just stuck on themselves and that's how Dave Mustaine was, an arrogant prick. The coolest guys were the guys in Pro-pain (Foul taste of freedom is another one of my favorite albums)
  • edited August 2015
    The official list of best metal albums:
    Anthrax-Among The Living
    Megadeth-Rust In Peace
    Metallica-Master Of Puppets
    Pantera- Vulgar Display Of Power
    Helmet-Meantime
    Ministry-Psalm 69
    Iron Maiden-Somewhere In Time