Skateboard Setup Secrets

2»

Comments

• Sk8er is on the money, the 159 is the width of the hanger in mm. Doesn't make much sense the way they measure or label some things in the skateboard world really.
  • Ok, I get it, so 159 is 159mm's of grindable truck, and 129 is 129mm's of grindable truck, and etc... So they all are bigger by 10mm at a time, not in imperial measurements!
  • i think all truck companies do
  • Old schoolers are all in inches, not mm's! That's differences of 12.5 & 25mm's bb
  • yea i know
  • So were Indy's always metric?
  • For as long as I can remember Indy has been metric.
  • And then there's this radness...

Never forget!
  • Didn't Lance and Cab create stage 5 together?
  • edited May 2016
    @SK8ER not sure about that, but they both wore suspenders together.
  • this hasnt be commented on awhile but id like to add that if for some reason u cant fit a bearing inside a wheel u can apparently either heat up the wheel so it expands or u can just put the bearing in a freezer so the metal contracts OR u can lube up the bearing holes to get the bearings in but u can also just use an exacto knife or razor blade and shave off a bit of the urethane to get the bearing in
  • I don’t know if this has been covered, but I label my front and rear trucks (“N” and “T”) underneath or somewhere it won’t come off; do to avoid putting broken in trucks on a new deck backwards.

Not to make this weird but, if by chance you’re swapping bushings—I also mark which ones were on the nose which were on the tail (and since they are broken in which side sits on the right which sits on the left); it’s kind of a pain, but you do what you got do sometimes.
  • https://gofund.me/d00909ee

Rollin from the Heart needs our help! They get at risk kids skating during the summer and after school! Help if ya can ad also spread the word!!!

Thank you all from the bottom of my old
  • @mungatron - I guess you're grinding switch a lot? Nose grinds? My back truck is always pretty obvious!
  • edited August 2021
    I don't cut my grip. I just file it off and it sticks better that way but I think that's just preference that many know about. Something to differentiate your nose and tail. Over time you just find what you like and it's easier than many think to get used to different stuff like thicker decks. I skated 7.75 for years until I got a free board from a sponsored freind that was 8.25 and I love it. Skate wider boards. You can easily learn to flick harder and wider is more stable. I've moved up to 8.3. get hex hardware. Won't strip. Get slightly softer wheels if your neighborhood streets are shitty. Pebbles won't kill you and you'll get used to em. Get cheap bearings. Skateboarding is nothing on these bearings. They're rated to handle extreme manufacturing conditions in most cases. Keep them somewhat clean and dry and they'll last a long time. Try new stuff. Only buy expensive decks, wheels if you want to support the shatter or brand. Mini logo and blanks etc are usually great and manufactured alongside pro decks. Drawing flames on your grip makes you go way faster.
  • Coach is smoking crack again!
  • I also like those Shorty's shock pads under trucks.