Skate Shoes

Anyone on here have a difficult time finding wider skate shoes? My feet aren't crazy wide, just not as narrow as the majority of skate shoes tend to be. Any info or ideas are appreciated.

Comments

• edited July 2016
    My feet are about as wide as a hawk's claw!
  • Slip-On Vans Pro Skate Shoe.
  • What kinda skate shoes do you find works best for your wide feet pulse8?
  • Sorry Paul, when I say a hawk's claw I mean that literally. Like super narrow. Not the width of a deck!
  • Lol, no worries pulse8, thought you meant as wide as the board!
  • I have wide feet and have found Vans tend to be narrow. I have found Etnies, Airwalks, and Nike the go Pauly!
  • I have hobbit feet. I have the same issue finding a shoe that is wide and comfy. Vans Half Cabs are consistently the closest to normal length size and widest fit for my feet. Make sure you get the suede ones. They stretch out nicely.
  • I had the Dustin Dollin Half Cabs and found after about 30 minutes of skating they would feel like the were cutting into the side of my little toes
  • Than you should not buy those shoes any more.
  • I did buy a pair of their canvas hi tops recently which are snug, but we'll see how they travel Casty!
  • edited July 2016
    I have a wide foot and the Vans Pro Slip Ons are comfy. They have duraliner and ultracush soles and are suede. After you skate them a couple of days they stretch out. I wear mine without socks.
  • what u can do is take a bag of water and put it inside ur shoe and put it in ur freezer for awhile then it will stretch the shoe up to 9 percent
  • yes sir 9 percent
  • Is that because water expands 9% when it freezes?
  • Well I bought another pair of Vans Hi tops, suede and canvas, and these fit well. So much for generalisations! Only $49 Aud as well! ;)
  • Where from Wake?
  • edited July 2016
    A shop called 'Platypus', at Harbourtown near the Gold Coast Pulsey! They are black/white, with the canvas being black & white check, with the vans name in some of the squares. I am impressed with them! Go the Blues!
  • www.platypusshoes.com.au

I'm up there on hols!
  • I use shoe stretchers to break in my shoes. Most shoes don't fit me out of the box. Something like these.

https://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-EasyComforts-Shoe-Stretcher/dp/B00O5KUGW8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1468423846&sr=8-2&keywords=shoe+stretcher
  • I have wide feet too, shoe trees and stretchers are okay but it's best to just find stuff that fits. Osiris tends to be roomy enough, except for their vulcs, which are way too narrow. Lakai are pretty good. I am trying to find a new hi-top, trying out Emerica Hsus now but they're more like mids. They are lasting a while though.
  • Oh yeah I know Platypus. I'll check em out. Ta.
  • Picked up some DC Evan Smith hi tops-- they are actually high up on the ankle, too, almost like Vans. Waiting for the Hsus to wear out; chunks starting to come off the right heel, soles are getting shot. They were good overall shoes.
  • edited September 2016
    DC shoes, I had my doubts because Gymkhana is imo retarded, but they make some good skate shoes, really durable.