Is it the end of the Bones Brigade series of decks?

Is SkateOne done making Bones Brigade reissues? I'm a late-comer to things, but it seemed like they were doing a new series every 6-9 months. However, there has been nothing new for a while, now. It seems like the marketing push was far less on the last series, too (i.e. they didn't even do factory completes, for example). This, coupled with the fact that they are selling out the stock on all of the PP reissue wheels without replacing them (black and white G bones are listed as out-of-stock; pink are no longer even listed, for example), really makes me worry about the future availability of reissued 80's equipment. I am a die-hard skater of that stuff, (I don't hang it on the wall, I skate it). Does anyone have any insight on this that might allay my fears?

Comments

• edited February 2017
    im hoping so but maybe a new series will come out soon who knows they have been super busy lately
  • Do not listen to bill. Sometimes he has evil hopes and dreams that do not get properly filtered out between his brain and his typing fingertips!
  • I heard the final Bones Brigade deck was The Farter's Explode guest deck on the bottlenose McGill shape. Can anyone confirm this?
  • If it's lime green, I will definitely get one.
  • If it is the end I reckon bb should get TONY HAWK tattooed on his left buttock! (if it already isn't)
  • nope no tats for me
  • edited February 2017
    What do ya reckon, Bill, maybe they'll put out more pro decks in place of the Brigade series?
  • I know of more reissues coming up. Whether it's under BB series or just reissues they are not stoping now
  • They better keep on reissuing decks til the end of time.
  • 9 is too odd of a number to end the series on. They should do at least 10.
  • P*P is taking this way too seriously. Forget market research and a million color test samples, just make some damn skateboards, guys.
    This is one of the reasons why World Industries was so successful - they were able to deliver new products to market instantly. Quit thinking so hard about it, George!
  • Are they seriously not going to make any more Rat Bones or Mini Cubics when their stock runs out?
  • They have only done 8 bb series so far mally....look at the Hawks for instance; 4 chicken skull pigs, 2 chicken skull condom nose, hawk pig sp0, kicknosed Hawk claw! 8 is nice and round, but don't end it there!
  • If you guys want answers....ask Kam@skateone.com
  • Whoops, ok...they should at least do 9. 8 is too odd of a number to end the series on. Even though it's even.
  • well i know they got a brad mcclain flight pro board coming out so that could mean something
  • There will be a 9th. GP mentioned it in a comment on Facebook. Said a consensus being reached amongst the Brigade. He said "will announce when ready"
  • *Coming soon*!
  • If they reissues ever stoped I would be depressed
  • We're in the golden age of reissues, but I guess all good things come to an end eventually.
  • You could always buy up now. You won't live forever either so buy as many boards as you need for your foreseeable skating years ahead of you. I am 42, I can see myself trying to skate until 60ish, I have about 12 boards....so that's about a deck every 18 months. That's fair imo
  • I'm definitely going to live forever. That's what skating does to you. If you stop, then you will die. You will die a horribly sick death. And that's not a "Yo, that death was sick, bro!" kind of death.
  • I have found myself buying other sports equipment that I needed for "the forseeable future" only to have a closet full of stuff that doesn't get used. For me, I like to have a reissue, but it is heavier. If PP comes out with reissues using Flight Tech and modern concave, I would switch in a second - making any extras I had in my closet dead to me.

PP - Let's get a flight Nordic Skull or Cab Dragon/Bats with a modern concave and a tiny bit longer nose... Blasphemy - yes. Let's all go to hell.