Air walks

Any word on air walk reissues? I heard that they did re make them a while back.

Comments

• AirWalks are ghey
    Vans rule.
  • airwalk started a new classic line go to their instagram
  • I always loved Airwalks back in the day. Now I agree with @skully as they are super cheap crap made out of synthetics these days!
  • they just got new ownership again
  • Airwalk prototypes had the best Ollie pad back in the day.

Side note, I wear Vans classic high pro's these days. Oddly enough today my Wife and Daughter were out shopping and stopped by the Vans store to get me a new pair. My Wife sends me a text telling me the girl behind the counter said "These are the pro's, for skaters. Do you want the regular ones for non-skaters?" My 11 year old jumped in with "Yea, my dad skates."
  • Glad to see airwalk is doing reissues, I feel the reissues will be made with better materials. I usually skate just the classic vans high skate, I've been hooked on the adidas match court they do seem to last longer.
  • Airwalks are rad but if there's one shoe I'd really like to see reissued is the Nike Bruin. Properly. None of that weird gay new Nike SB Supreme bullshit they do. I'm not skating like I'm Will Smith's fuckin son or whatever; I just want the old design.
  • Vans are the only true skate shoe...everyone else jumped on the bandwagon.
  • My favourite skate shoes ever, for comfort and how they fit my feet, were a pair of cheapie Aerosport hitops from Kmart back around 86-87'. Followed closely by my white Airwalk Pyros, circa 89-90'. The earlier Airwalks with lace savers were cool look, but awkward fit!
  • If they reissued the prototype 600 nova, I would go back to those as my skate shoe. I would leave the high top unlaced and tighten the lower lace, perfect amount of ankle support while being flexible enough. I loved those shoes. If not I'll stick with Vans.

But I suspect the reissues will stick with the low top, 90s shoes. I don't think the last run of prototype reissues sold that well.
  • I usually just skate in Chuck Taylor's or Nike shoes. Nothing too flashy. I'd get prototypes if they reissued them again, they're pretty rad.
  • Chucks always made me think I had bad Ollie form, because I would wear down to the sock in a day or so. Those pads on the prototypes always lasted so much longer. Plus they were easier to lather shoe goo onto.
  • Yeah, ollie pads are pretty bitchin. Still fond of my chucks, though. I have roughly 6 pairs of shoes I alternate through, no real favorites.

There are tons of shoes they should reissue. Converse Fastbreak, Nike Bruin, Airwalk Prototype. Would be rad.
  • I was all about Airwalks in 89-93. I didn't skate in anything but. I started out with some turquoise suede high tops with lace savers, then onto the Prototype 600s. I had three or four pair of those. Loved this colorway:

I think I had at least three colorways of the Velocitys -

Onto the Jims and One series.

Vintage Airwalk.... hell ya.
  • I had some graffiti Airwalks when I was about 15. They got stolen. I loved those shoes.
  • edited March 2017
    That is some serious lace protection. Airwalks are from when I quit skating, so I have never experienced them as I was never one of those people to wear skate shoes when I didn't have a setup or skate.
  • u missed out
  • Yeah nothing like getting dinged in the ankle egg and having it feel like nothing. The last Hsus I had were like right below that line, so frustrating.
  • I've still got a pair of the reissued 600f's. White and black. They are spot on to the o.g's.
  • I was curious so i looked around more. I think this may have actually been the first pair i had. No lace savers. Circa '88 or '89?

• @BackInAction - I had the exact same ones!