10th Bones Brigade series!

Comments

• yea they are really sleeping on that one
  • I really don't know why they include Mullen as part of the core brigade. I've said it before, look at Search for Animal Chin. They chose their 5 core members that people dug, and had the rest around them in supporting roles, such as Martinez, Vallely and Mullen.
  • In all fairness, he was the greatest freestylist ever. If they are going to celebrate the history of the BB, you pretty much have to include him.
  • They need to do Welinders with something other than a red helmet. The navy blue with gold helmet was the tits. One without the runes would also rock.
  • I totally dig what you are saying @Chris , but most of us didn't give half a shit about freetyle back in the day. Vert blew us away dude, and we related to street!
  • edited June 2017
    Mullen would of had a bigger part in Animal Chin but his dad forced him to quit the Bones Brigade for that short while in '86.
  • I would've loved to see him take on Wallows or the Chin ramp on his freestyle deck Macca!
  • He actually used to skate bowls and ramps some for fun way back when. I know I've seen a few photos of him doing that. I think he actually busted his teeth on a ramp when he was young.
  • edited June 2017
    Yeah, I posted a pic of him on a tranny on a pig a few months back! A bit hard on a freestyler though lol
  • edited July 2017
    C'mon 10th. Probably way too early still, but I just want a taste of what's to come.
  • Me too Pulsey. And I am glad you spelled the last word like you did! :s
  • I wish they would end the BB series. I won't pay $100 for a deck, but I will pay $60 for a reissue made out of the same wood. For example, the new Nicky G. board is bad ass and you can get it for $60, if it were part of the BB series you'd have to pay $100.
  • They won't do Hawks, Mountains, or TG's out of the BB series @SK8ER
    Most people prefer these to Nicky Guerreros, Barbee Hydrants etc. They did 4 lots of Hawk chicken skull pigs, 3 lots of Hawk chicken skull condom nose, and Hawk Claw at 2500/run. That's 20,000 boards that sold really well. I doubt 2,000 of the N Guerrero would sell well. I would pay $100 for another Hawk Claw....
  • I'd be willing to pay $100 if I collected decks, but I won't pay that much and skate it. $60-65 is about what I'm willing to pay and skate.
  • edited July 2017
    i wish they would end too but if it gives them enough money to help them pay their workers and eventually make their boards stateside again then it is what it is
  • I skate my BB decks. It sucks to pay $100 for them and know I am going to skate the crap out of them, but they don't make enough interesting fish tail decks outside of the BB line, so what's a guy stuck in 1988 to do? I guess I am just thankful that Ibam an adult with a little cash flow rather than a kid with zero money.
  • I am kind of gingerly skating my Hawk Claw. It as always been and continues so far to be my favorite skateboard shape, but I am one of those that has a complex about using things that are kind of scarce and would be hard to replace. At the same time, I don't care about wall art so much that I'd pay $100 for it. I am going to install rails on and skate my Claw, but I'll be bummed when it gets really scraped up. It would be nice to see regular production decks for some of these, like mallgrabber said, but would that mean made offshore rather than the US? I thought most PP branded decks were made in the US.
  • I believe it's just the pops that are made in China. All the shaped decks are still made in Santa Barbara- BB series and the reissues. Fun shapes too, I assume? And as long as they could get the skater to agree to it, I don't see why they couldn't produce some Hawk, TG, and Mountain decks as "regular" $65 reissues. I guess that's unlikely to happen though, but who knows.
  • I'm about to start working on these
  • Schweet....eggcellent!
  • I'm hopeful that it will be a pig series
  • I along with several friends are hanging out for the Lance street crest deck. Black and silver dip were the goods!
  • More info Billy!
  • Billy with the teasers and sk8er with the optimism!