Bones V-IV

When were these wheels made? Early 80s? I don't see them in later 80s catalogs/order forms anywhere!

I know some were made for freestyle- but i've seen them in 64mm too which makes me think they're used for regular setups too. What's the deal?

Anyone know what's up?

Comments

• Before my time but I did some digging... street cubics were the larger.... as far as timeline.... 83..84..?
  • I would guess pre 86 for sure. some of them even just say powell on them idk
  • As far as I understand it, V-IV was a urethane formula used in several wheel molds around 83-84
  • Thank you for the info!!
  • I picked up some NOS powell 97a deano V-IV 57mm bones ---> same shape and size as original freestyle bones and similar to rat bones and rough riders...testing soon on smooth concrete (roller skate set, so I'll probably skate 4 of them and leave the other 4 on the shelf for now)

• Sick man. I'd love to pick up a set of og freestyles
  • Sweetest wheels I have ever had on a board! Two years ago, I purchased some complete boards from a collector and he threw in several vintage Powell wheel sets. There just happened to be a set of V-VI's (53mm 90a's) and I immediately threw them on my board and hit the skatepark. Best feeling wheels I have ever had and man, I wish they still made them. I just purchased a set of the Filmers (52mm 80a) today in an effort to try and find something that has that same feel.
  • I need 4 of the wheels for my series 12 Mullen. I have everything perfect and accurate except for the wheels. That set is perfect. Why does Powell torture us like this with amazing products that they could easily make but don't to spite us
  • I need those wheels dubstar. They are so beautiful, I'll give you one of my testicles for the set. You get to pick which one you want as well. I do prefer to keep righty, lefty is ok but he gives me problems sometimes
  • @Pilgor95 You're nuts! Or is it, Your Nuts!?!? LOL it's both! ;)
  • Well soon to just be nut, no longer nutz