Skate Progression

Comments

• That's rad. We considered a trick landed if both feet land on the board. Didn't matter if you stepped off afterwards or slammed afterwards. I was ollieing over something into the grass the other day so when i landed. Naturally, the board stopped and didn't, so I stepped off. My son said, almost. You had it but you stepped off. Smh. I said of course I stepped off. These 53mm 101a wheels won't roll on grass numb nuts.
  • I was referring to the kickflip when I said, thats rad... btw
  • I feel for you @Indy. Moving house is by far one of life's worst punishments. I'm on my 6 week annual leave at the moment and I was going to skate, but I had to remove an old rotary clothesline and a star picket from the ground in the backyard, both a two man job, digging and breaking concrete. Now I have grocery shopping, and it's will rain in about 30 minutes. Shit happens, but not as bad as house moving!
  • When you're a kid you think grown ups have it made. Then you're grown and realize you had it made when you were a kid.
  • Damn Wake.... I wish we had six week annual leave in the States!
  • Normal annual leave is 4 weeks @ppk187 , 5 if you are a shiftworker like myself, and I always tag on an extra 5 accumulated public holidays to round it out to 3 fortnights(as our roster is on a fortnightly basis). However, since I have been with this mob for 10 years I get paid long service leave. They gives us 2 months after 10 years of service, and 2 weeks every year after that, so I'll bank the 2 months for a future world trip(a dream I have), and take two holidays from work a year, 6 weeks and 2 weeks. Long Service Leave is an Australian concept, going back to when Australia was first founded, and officers who had spent 10 years here were given extra leave as a benefit, and it became the norm for all employees. Wheeee...go Australia!
  • @ppk187 no joke. Would be nice to have that kind of time.

@WakeInFright go skate!
  • @myren it's raining.

How long is your annual leave?
  • My first big promotion to a salary position, I was excited to finally get 2 weeks paid vacation, so I took the time immediately, and then got fired the day I came back.
  • edited June 2017
    Ouch @ghostbuster ....is that the norm? 2 weeks paid annual leave?
  • Yes, Wake, 2 weeks is about average for your normal office drone job. Management might get more in the form of boondoggles etc., but usually not more than a month.
  • Come over here Ghostie, the more the merrier dude!
  • Thanks; always weighing my options. I hear in France, they get 6 months to start.
  • New Zealand also has long service leave, and Finland has something similar. Quite recently New Zealand wanted people to immigrate because they had towns with plenty of employment, and cheap housing! And it's only across the ditch from Australia
  • edited June 2017
    fun
  • Biebs, I'm wondering what you said before your edit?
  • jo momma jk
  • I'm closer to Australia than anyone thinks. Yo let's go skate at that huge ass concert hall of whatever the shit you Aussies call it.
  • Still can't land my front foot with Dem kickflips.
  • sydney opera house