What deck is Per riding in Future Primitive?

edited August 2017 in Powell-Peralta®

Is that a LMFP V1? I can't really tell.

Comments

• That's two of us!
  • I don't know, but Future Primitive is the greatest skate video of all time!
  • At some parts, the nose almost looks like one from a geegah shape but that didn't come out until 87 and I don't think Per had a street deck in 85 yet.

And Future Primitive is not only the greatest skate video of all time (next to Hokus Pokus, of course) but it's also what I'd consider the first modern skate video.
  • There is a rad sans money bumps xt one available in Australia for about $1000USD. It's circa 86'
  • edited August 2017
    That's pretty rad! I thought XT was a thing from early 87 til Powell went back to regular non-boner decks in the summer, though? Was it actually 86?
  • Oh shit! So unless the copyright date is wrong then maybe XT is '86! Personally, I prefer the money bumps version best.
  • edited August 2017
    I personally prefer sans money bumps Macca. imo money bumps look like a muffin top!

and more so

and this one is almost skeletally correct!

• I just noticed how 'off centre' the above graphics around the rear truck of the eBay og xt Welly are. When you look at image 1 the runes that follow the edge of the board are waaaaaay closer to the left edge compared to the right. Bummer!
  • Yeah it looks a fair way off.
  • Top 5 rad things about Welinder's part in future primitive:

5) tucked in yellow sleeveless shirt
    4) pants
    3) headband
    2) everything about his outfit
    1) wall ride
  • I dunno Wake, those money bumps make it look like it's ready for action. Both the ripper geegah and street Welinder look like decks I wanna get.

And that huge ollie Per does up onto the ledge is also rad.

• Per Welinder is THE MAN, man! Honestly, I think his part is as significant (if not even more forward-thinking) as Guerrero's. The rolling railflips, the ollie onto the ledge, the shove-its on a street deck - so rad! And, his part in Ban This is probably my favorite freestyle part, ever. (Although, the music in that part is pretty goofy, and the song "Big Dog" in Mullen's FP part may be the best song used in a skate video, EVER.) And yes, @mallgrabber , his outfit is the icing on the cake.
    Anyway, from what I can tell, it does look like a FP Mountain. Does anyone else see the dogs on the tail?..

And yeah, the bumps came later...

"His ability to blend freestyle maneuvers with natural terrain is beginning to have a profound influence on streetstyle skating."
    Catalogs for verification...

A good interview...
    http://www.theworldroundup.com/2016/04/13/special-guest-per-welinder/
    Some early pictures you may have never seen...
    http://skatebilder.willners.se/project/per-welinder/
    This site has come cool pics (not just Welinder)...
    http://www.skateboardmemories.com/html/film_7/3_per.html
    This rad picture...

And finally, this...
  • edited August 2017
    Yeah, that ollie onto the ledge was badass. So is that pic of him and Mullen.
  • Per's part in FP gets no recognition for some reason. I like it just as much as Guerrero's SF Street part.
  • Both parts were standouts for me. In actuality the whole vid is rad!
  • Deck Wheelbase 15"
    Deck Length 29.75"
    Deck Width 9.715"
    Deck Nose 3.985"
    Deck Tail 6.5"

These are the dims of SkateOne's website for the reissue muffin topped Welly. They seem closer to the original nice waisted one which also has a length of 29.75" rather than 30" according to the above specs posted. Interesting.
  • edited August 2017
    @VatoRat Yeah, I think I can see the dogs on the tail in that photo. Makes sense that he'd either use his or Steve's pro deck because they're shaped -- doing street tricks on a pig is just not as functional.

@WakeInFright The scene where they're skateboarding through new york is also pretty rad. I love it when they leave Johnny Rad's place and one of 'em does an ollie over the sleeping hobo!
  • edited August 2017
    Don't forget Saito Street Comp. Man that song rocks. So good that it was included in the series #8 cd compilation! Ooh...and Lance's convulsions after eating it after trying to acid drop out the back of the revivalists' truck in New York Macca!
  • Plus that square cornered pool with Cab and his funky hair!
  • edited August 2017
    @VatoRat way cool posts! I wish I could order from those posters right now! So much cool gear and equipment!

@WakeInFright yeah, money bumps are like muffin top! Hahaha! However, I learned that they serve(d) an actual purpose. They were introduced during the jump ramp craze days to try to reinforce the weakest place on fishtail decks. Apparently, PP was replacing so many decks that snapped right between the tail and the back truck!
    Either way, I have that skull and sword geegah and it is such a fun board to ride.
  • Looking closer at the product posters above, the one that says "everything for the modern skater" has a date on the right edge that looks to me like 1985. That can't be right. There is a Search for Animal Chin video on there, which totally debuted in early 1987, right? Can anyone see the original poster? What's the date? Maybe it's 1986 that looks like 85 on this photo...
  • That poster came from an Australian skate mag that I own, from 1987 @klayts
  • edited August 2017
    Whoa, a chicken skull time warp clock? Is that like a skateboard version of a hot tub time machine? I want one of those!
  • It looks like it says 1986. Probably just a misprinted date.