How to set up LMFP BB series 6

Hey y'all, I just bought the Lance Mountain Bones Brigade series 6 reissue and I want some ideas on how to set it up. I always try to make my setups striking with a solid color scheme. I've only seen this deck online, so I'm not exactly certain what the true colors are. The graphic is obviously blue, purple, pink, white, and red, but what color is the dip actually? Pictures make it look like a dark neon pink or some kind of bright red. Can anyone who has this deck verify the color for me? (I know I'll see it for myself in a few days when it gets here, but I excited to start figuring out the rest of the components!)

So, what trucks and wheels should I do and in which colors?! How should I do the grip? Rails, yes/no?! So many decisions! Help!

Comments

• Yes, it's too fun trying to figure out all the components for a new setup! It looks like a red dip to me with the bottom being mainly purple from the graphic. Idk, it's seems like with the dominant colors being red and purple, white wheels and ribs would suit it nicely. And definitely a custom grip job that lets some of that red top show through would be sweet. Not sure about trucks, maybe some Indy 159s?
  • Definitely white wheels and plastics!
  • It's a red dip. Set it up with Indy 159s and some white or black bombers.
  • edited September 2017
    Indy was producing colored 6 hole trucks for a while, but they are hard to find now. These are nice if you can find them. (Grant Taylor hollow)
    http://cdn.companybe.com/cowtown/product_photos/rd_images/rd_independent-stage-11-grant-taylor-btg-gc-hollow-truck.jpg
  • edited September 2017
    I reckon white G Bones would suit better. Pick up some black Mach V Gullwings from oldschoolskates.com for $19.95/truck @klayts dude!
  • Awesome ideas so far everyone, thanks! I keep forgetting about that oldschoolskates website; I just checked it out and they still have a lot of great stuff!
  • So I ended up going for a sort of wild look with this board, and I'm really pleased with the results so far: hot pink 1/2" risers, Lance Mountain hollow Indy 159s pewter finish, red rails, hot pink jaw bone, and blue NOS late crossbones (the 64mmx37mm ones). The last decision i am hesitating on is the grip tape. The particular shade of red on this deck is striking, it's like electric red (not a basic red or fire engine or whatever. It is HOT!) and I find myself considering clear grip.

I usually think clear grip looks awful, especially as soon as it has been skated a few times and I've always questioned it's grippiness. However, with how loud the colors on this setup have ended up, I just might go for it. Have any of y'all ever used clear grip? Any brand recommendations or general warnings?
  • edited September 2017
    i keep trying to post an image, but it's not working. I('m on my iPhone/safari has anyone had trouble with that?) Here's a link to a photo:

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah286/Klaytsklayts/IMG_1039_zpsg99wwqwn.jpg
  • edited September 2017
    I also have a pic that shows the top sans griptape and I am comparing the red of the LMFP to a red Mullen. You should be able to see the difference. There's even some chrome flake in the dip of the LMFP you can spot when you look closely!

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah286/Klaytsklayts/IMG_1039_zpsg99wwqwn.jpg
  • *quick note, not that anyone probably cared or noticed, but I haven't attached the pink jaw bone yet, so it is missing from the picture.
  • edited September 2017
    ive used clear grip a bunch of times