Blems

I’ve ordered 5 blems from the Specials section. Out of the 5, I finally got one that had a defect - a Vato with a weird one inch bump. Looks kind of like a splinter under paint. (No big deal.)

I’ll be damned if I can find anything on the other 4 though - outside of the BLEM stamps near the holes.

Comments

• they were probably graphic defects as alot of them are
  • I’ve bought blems that look better than the nonblems
  • Guess that's a testament to their quality control standards- they'll pull the slightest, nearly invisible defect out and put it in the blem pile.
  • Yes - totally have gotten non-blems that were worse. My white BB Mountain is horrible - the screen is wrinkled. The graphic is not smooth, and a chunk is basically missing, about 2 inches by 5. And there were none available to exchange.
  • Wow that's bad.
  • There are worst things in life to be sure. But yeah, I was disappointed.
  • Maybe I need to take back my previous post. How could a deck like that get past quality control?
  • We wouldn’t be loyal fans and customers if it was the norm. Plus they are great about exchanges and standing behind their stuff. The Mountain was just a tough circumstance given the rarity when I bought it. I think I got it from SoCal. But yeah, it happens.
  • Yeah, especially compared to what Vision and Santa Cruz are doing, Powell still make some of the best reissues.
  • Agree! Qulity is top! If I could only change one thing about their quality it’s that when doing “stained” reissues, the “staining” is done by a layer of the decal and not by actually staining the wood. You can tell how flat the decal looks compared to the depth of a proper stain.
    Well, I might add that I miss full colour top logos too.
    The rest is top notch!
  • I wish they would hand screen the oval dragons on top. Too many of my reissue oval dragons scratch off.