HOW TO POST VIDEOS!

How do we not have a video thread?

Lou Barletta is right up there with Lance to me. I watch this part just to get psyched on life, let alone skating. It starts off fun and goofy, but there are some goddam hammers in the end. Everything that's right about skateboarding right here...

(How to post: click the 'share' button on YouTube, and get/copy/paste the 'embed' text.)

Comments

• edited January 2018
    To quote Grosso - "Lance Mountain is a fucking god."

• edited January 2018
    Lou is a bit hit and miss for me...really enjoyed kotr with Enjoi recently, and last night watched a trans world doco about them. The man skates hard, and really rallies the team around but he can annoy me quite a bit too Tex. I never found Lance annoying....Lou looks like he tries too hard to be a goof, whereas Lance was naturally
  • Lance rules! Lou is from the generation of beer/weed skaters that I can’t relate to. Skating is fun....you don’t need beer or weed to make it fun.
  • I watched a bit of Baker stuff too and those guys turn me off too. I can really see how lots of people got turned off the wasted mentality and must throw myself off the biggest flight of stairs ethos! That's why I was really happy when I saw people on cruisers/penny boards/old school decks and just having a good time!
  • Post your stuff on Instagram, then paste a link here. Like this!..
  • Some of the best skaters, like Lance and Rodney, stayed sober.
  • @VatoRat Dude, in Canton?
  • edited January 2018
    Heck yes, @SkaterRick !
    It's about 30 minutes from my house. It's pretty great! The deepest bowl is only like 5'! More fun than Swift-Cantrell, definitely. Still, I think my favorite is in Rome, (I think I already posted this somewhere else here, but whatever)...
  • @VatoRat that park looks fun! I’ll have to visit Canton some time. Is the music yours? I dig it
  • Dude, that park in Canton is a blast! Definitely come down and skate sometime. We can round up @SkaterRick and @CABFAN too for a SouthEastern SkateOne Shindig - and anyone else lurking on the forum who's around here!
    Soooo, check out this spot I got hip to this weekend...

And yes, the music is mine - stoked you're into it! You can listen to more here...
    https://timothyexit.wordpress.com/home/listen/
    I produce the songs myself, but perform live with a band. Here we are this afternoon getting ready for tonite's show in Atlanta...

@klayts - I know TN ain't exactly in the neighborhood, but for anyone else, come out if you're local!
    -Tim
  • @VatoRat I'm down! I'd really like to try the Canton spot. Is that Sonny on the drums there?
  • @SkaterRick - Let's go!
    And yeah, that's Sonny - he's great!
  • edited January 2018
  • edited January 2018
    I just keep watching this on loop... ^^^ When he catches it! (Volume ON)
  • @VatoRat @SkaterRick @CABFAN yes, southeast sk81-con! You’re on!
  • @klayts - let's do it!
  • edited January 2018
    @VatoRat I skated Canton once before all this crappy weather started. That is one fun park! Forgiving enough for my crappy skills
  • If it never stops raining I'll never get to refine my crappy skills. I really want to try that Canton park.
  • edited January 2018
    Yeah, @CABFAN ! Glad to hear you dug it! I want to hit it again soon.
    @cwalker3 - Man, I don't know what sounds cooler, the catch, or his wheels on the tiles. So rad - thanks for sharing!
  • edited March 2018
  • edited March 2018
    I guess that’s cool? I don’t need a deck that strong for poping 6” ollies, no complies, boneless’, pumping and carving bowls, slash grinds, etc....and playing around on a curb.
  • True, you can do all of what you mention w/ regular 7-ply, but it's going to take a much bigger toll. What the vid doesn't show, since it isn't as dramatic and is harder to film, is that these decks can soak up a lot of punishment over time, which ultimately means more $ for snacks and cold ones.
  • And if it does delam and chip from landing awkwardly Kam will fix you up! Excellent customer service at SkateOne!
  • +1 for excellent service. On the rare occasion you have an issue, Kam makes it right. An easy company to support.
  • I like the fact that Stacy narrates