Comments

• Great article! They kind of gloss over the 90s, which is what everything seems to do. I really wish someone would make a good documentary or write a book about what really happened at PP in 91 that split Stacy and George and drove the 80s pros to start their own companies. I think we’ve all heard the gist, but I would love to know the details. How did they do the Bad Person/small companies attack ad and then just a few months later Stacy is gone and Lance is starting the Firm and Hawk and Welinder are starting Birdhouse? I just know there’s a dramatic story there that the B.B. autobiography only hints at.
  • The man that souled the world:Steve Rocco
  • Yes @WakeInFright I want like the PP response to that documentary’s point of view. Rocco and Mullen’s story is only one side of what was happening in the industry. I want to know more about what happened exactly at PP
  • You get snippets here and there in different interviews. I seriously doubt there will ever be a doco where they all line up and give their accounts as to why they got tired of riding for the man, and wanted to become the man themselves @klayts :/
  • Peralta said he knew the B.B. riders would try to form their own companies and tried to encourage George to support the idea of distributing their brands, but George said no and then everyone (except Cab) left.
  • Did Kevin Harris ever form his own company, or get sponsored by anyone post Powell Peralta?
  • Yeah, y’all are probably right. Now that Peralta and Powell have patched things up and are working together again, they probably aren’t interested in digging the old skeletons out of the closet. But man, I would love to hear about it.
  • Powell was there in the mid 70's and was recognized. Around '79 Stacey joined up and they took off. I'm suprised they lasted in the 80's to be honest as it really died out. Skateboarder turned into Action Now, only to go out of business. The shops and parks also closed.