Mini Logo Trucks vs. Thunder Trucks

Thunder Trucks are made in the USA and only cost $3 more than the made in China mini logo Trucks.

The Farter declares Thunder Trucks the champion.

P.S. Thunder Trucks also turn and grind better.

Comments

• I thought the only US made trucks these days were Tracker since Independent started producing in China
  • yea thunder and venture is done in china so farter is incorrect as the baseplates no longer have usa on them
  • Standard Indys and Standard Thunder are made in USA. All the forged and hollow trucks are a mixture of China and USA parts.

Tell’em The Farter sent ya!
  • edited August 2018
    ur incorrect as all venture trucks no longer have a usa stamp on them as i have looked at their recent catalogs
  • Biebs is right on this one @TheFarter2.0 , all their base plates are Chinese made.

Tracker is US made! Tracker Tracker Tracker...USA!
  • edited August 2018
    Slap forum is not to be trusted!
    Have faith in The Farter!

The Farter has several Stage 11 Indys that have the USA stamp, plus The Farter has visited several skate shops and all the standard Indys still say , “Made in the USA from USA and imported parts”

Standard Indys and Thunders are still poured in San Fransico, but the washers and nuts and kingpins and bushings are imported from China. The forged base plates are China made and have been since stage 10.

Have faith in The Farter not SLAP!
  • edited August 2018
    the slap forum is hit or miss so ill agree with u on that and it is very possible that the indys ur seeing may have usa made baseplates but china hangers etc like i said about 10 years ago the "made in the u.s.a." quote can be very misleading but regardless we will never fully know because companies dont know how to be honest
  • edited August 2018
    I’ll settle this....
    My local shop 808skate host all kinds of events when the DLX team/company/brands come to Oahu. In fact DLX has paid the bill to have a mini ramp built in the back warehouse of 808skate and have paid for serveral other DIY ditch projects on the island. The owner of 808skate has a great relationship with DLX. So I asked him about Thunder and he said they are still made in San Fran at Ermico. He said the Indy rep says that the standard Indys (baseplates and hangars) are made at Ermico too.

808skate is a rad shop...check it out here
    http://www.instagram.com/808skate
  • @brigade_bill
    Who really knows? It’s all he said she said......
  • that is right
  • I still call ‘bullshit’
  • I went to alibaba.com and typed in “Independent skateboard trucks” and was blown away by the number of Chinese manufacturers producing trucks that look identical to Thunder and Indy, selling at $3-10 per piece!
  • In particular type in “Oskate custom wholesale skateboard trucks” into your search engine(google etc) then go to the alibaba link!
  • This is what happens when a company like Apple or Independent starts to have Chinese manufacturers producing their wares, the Chinese manufacturers will produce their "as good but cheaper" knock offs for a fraction of the price.
  • Double drilled for us old school skaters too! :D
  • lol yea that is wild
  • If you look into their product details a little deeper, and can get past they do the trucks “Row”, polished, powder coated, painted etc you will see that you can choose what text you want stamped into the baseplate etc
    Whether it be Independent, F#%K NHS, INDY SUCKS, TRUMPisGAY, or whatever you like,....so what would stop NHS getting them made there at a fraction of the cost?