Wheels for street skating

I'm looking at what wheels would be best for skating on rough surfaces while still being able to do flatground tricks and stairs.

I currently have 100a 53mm bones ringers, but I can't really pick up any speed because I just get slowed down by the asphalt or sidewalk cracks.

Should I get softer wheels or bigger wheels? If I do go softer will I still be able to do tricks?

Comments

• I think you should get both softer and bigger wheels. Right now they're offering the Mini Logos in 95a in a few sizes, including 56mm. They've also developed a new 95a version of the Ditch Tech Formula of which I have a test set, and I ride those on the real street in 54mm. Not sure when those will be broadly available, but I'll be continuing with those when they put them out. There are other wheels out there too but I know less about other brands. I have some Santa Cruz Slimeballs in 97a but they feel about as hard to me as any 99-100a wheel.

I think this duro and size (~95a in 54-56mm) is a good compromise wheel. You're not getting all the heft of a fat 60+mm wheel and they don't noticeably deform for me on pops and landings, but I'm less than 150 lbs and not a real hard skater (due to ability). On Mini Logo 90a's I did get some deformation on harder pops and landings but they were, of course, a smoother ride all around. I've seen our own @VatoRat do all kinds of tricks on Mini Logo 90a's so you can definitely do tricks. Heck, you can do tricks on 85a Bombers too, but if you're marginal like me you want to try to make it easy as you practically can.

I can go places on the 95a's that I simply couldn't on a 99a+ wheel, but the real craggy stuff is still going to get slow and rattly. The average parking lot that I encounter with worn and cracked asphalt is still rideable for me on the 95a's. I don't spend all my time pushing and irritated at all the speed I'm bleeding off, and I can still attempt tricks. Hard wheels are the best on smooth concrete, but most real terrain simply isn't.
  • Oval Dragon 56mm 90a wheels make rough surfaces feel smoother.
  • edited April 2020
    Recently switched to Ricta Clouds 86A b/c they were 60mm like Bombers and thought they were harder; finally lost a big chunk of one of them (never happened to me with anything over 78A), so going back to Bombers.
  • I LOVE the oval dragons.I have them on my Andy Anderson. perfect wheel for most concrete in my area which is rough as hell.
  • I'm looking at what wheels would be best for skating on rough surfaces while still being able to do flatground tricks and stairs. https://omegle.onl/

I currently have 100a 53mm bones ringers, but I can't really pick up any speed because I just get slowed down by the asphalt or sidewalk cracks.

Should I get softer wheels or bigger wheels? If I do go softer will I still be able to do tricks?
    thankyou my issue has been solved
  • edited April 2020
    I'm looking
  • edited April 2020
    I'm looking at what wheels would be best for skating on rough surfaces while still being able to
  • i got a trick board with fuggin cruiser wheels and i dont notice a difference it is actually faster then my older harder wheels