STF'S 60MM DOUBLE STANDARDS

OK..... I NEED SOME "NEW SCHOOL" HELP GUYS... IM "FULLY" CONVERTED TO POPSICLES FOR SERIOUS SKATING . I STILL RIDE MY OLD SCHOOL BOARDS TO CRUISE BUT THERES NO GOING BACK AS FAR AS PROGRESSING MY SKATING... ANYWAY.. I WANT SOMETHING SMALLER THAN THE 62MM SPF'S IM CURRENTLY SKATING.. IM THINKING 60MM STF'S? I RIDE MASONITE/SKATELITE PARKS MOSTLY. WOULD THESE BE A GOOD SET???

Comments

• I would reccomend 56mm spitfires.

and turning the caps lock off ;)
  • haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa . yeah.. i have to have it on for the application i use @ work, i forget. thats pretty funny.
    i heard spitfires are SLOW. r they not?
  • edited May 2009
    Nick, i might have a set of 60mm SpF's i could send you. they are used a little but not too bad.
  • oops, you said STF's. sorry man
  • Nick, First welcome to the popsicle revolution my brother. I fought it hard and rode the old shapes till I tried a modern board and was hooked a year and a half ago. STF and SPF are a little slick on skatelite/masonite if it is indoor and not swept/mopped frequently. If this is not a factor, then the 60 mm Millers are killer!! Hah Ha I busted a rhyme! But really they are great wheels with a slimmer cut. If it is slick then I would say pick up a set of RainSkates 98a Killer Bees in 60 mm or their new 57 mm wheel. Sorry SOC, but since no more DTF's only other choice I would say is a SOC 95a wheel. Hope that helps and enjoy the modern stick!
  • yeah noskool i fought it for the last 2 years...cant go back now. more control on transition and i can ollie twice as high.. cant deny the control and the pop. im just not going to progress on a 10"at this point anymore.. i landed tricks on that popsicle this weekend i know i couldnt of on an old school board. =) i think i will try those millers, il be skating outside more now that its nice out..so il give em a shot. thanks jess..il give em a shot if u want.. why not. il be placing an order...in....... a minute. =)
  • edited May 2009
    there you go... you can thank noskool for that small purchase.=) il let you know how they are once i get em.... thanks again guys.
  • edited May 2009
    the new whip./ bam element kat von d edition/ thunder 149ers/ bones swiss bearings/bones harware/bones skate park formulas. =)

bamdeck.jpg
  • Thats a nice lookin set up Nick. How do you find thunders compared to Indys?? Are they the standard bushings??
    I like the modern shape better myself. I tend to stick to 8.25 - 8.75" popsicle shape boards. i find its a good compromise between old and new if you know what I mean.
  • yes.. i agree. this deck is an 8" and its perfect. no those arent the stock bushings actualy.. good eye =) i forgot those are shortys bushings and they are probably the best upgrade i ever bought!! seriously. i barely had to tighten the truck bolt. the top is just flush with the kingpin and they are just tight enough so its not too sloppy to ride and still feels stiff when pushing off. i love the thunders actualy the 149ers are great trucks. its my favorite set up yet.
  • Ive been thinking bout trying some thunder trucks. Indys are good but you dont know if somethings better unless you try it. What size risers do you have on that setup, with 62mm wheels do you have any probs with wheel bite?? How hard are those bushings and do you think those shorty bushings are better than bones bushings??
  • edited May 2009
    i just ordered a set of bones medium bushings yesterday from SOC =) and a set of the chris miller spf's 60mm based on noskools review of them. when i get em il compare the 2 and let you know. yeah ive been a hardcore indy fan forever but.. i really like these thunders with these bushings. its like perfect handling. i think the thunders are a bit lighter.. the baseplate looks thinner and it is defently not as long. i dont think i could skate anything shorter than these. they are just a bit shorter than indy 169's enough so that the wheels dont stick out on an 8' deck and they feel really stable. yeah those 62mm spfs are a tad too tall. i just have a pair of zero shock risers..really thin. and i did get a small amount of wheel bite when making harsh carves cruising. thats why i ordered something a little less tall. well see how it goes...
  • Sounds like a nice ride. I still use rails on my popsicle boards, I use my rib bones on em. I like keeping the graphic clean, especially on a sweet graphic like the one on your bam board!!
  • yeah... i thought about putting rails on it... i may still do that. i just ordered another one just like it but its the goldflake paint edition. that one may just hung up on the wall... it looks amazing..im really digin the graphic myself. thanx
  • What store did you get those from, is it an online store??
  • Sick setup Nick. Looks clean and sharp! I'm sure you will love those Miller's. Anyone catch his runs at pro-tec?
  • yeah i got em off ebay... of course.
  • if ur going to skate a modern size then try for something in the 50-54mm range depending on the size of board u skate
  • 8.0 is what im skating.. i think 50mm are a little too small. 54may be ok. im still experimenting with whats comfortable.
  • 56 would be good
  • On the nose Bill. I got the 56 mm Jimmy the Greek's SPF on my 8.25 and they rock. They are the same shape as the 60 mm Mller's I ride on big stuff, but are a little smaller and more agile in smaller parks and mini ramps.
  • im good what can i say
This discussion has been closed.