Price Increase

Can't believe I'm the first to mention it. I get that SkateOne can't undersell their competitors - hopefully we don't see shop prices rise to the $97 level. (And $87 for a blem, LOL.)

I think I've been on this board for 15 years now, and I've bought almost every reissue that's come out. But yeah, I'll look to other brands/hobbies before I pay ~$100 for a deck.

Comments

• edited October 12
    nope me and someone else mentioned it in the new products thread and my dude who has a shop in the uk already sells the reissues for 150 bucks in euros so that price is gonna be nasty for other countries
  • edited October 12
    George issued a statement about 2 weeks ago @cwalker3 , it was all over Facebook, and I mentioned it here, on Oct 1st, in regards to how to tell the difference between Powell reishs. The issue is, people will pay it, and do!
  • Yeah, tough to follow along these days, with you guys just posting info in completely random threads. I guess that makes more sense than a property titled discussion on the topic. *shrug*
  • I guess I could see a relevance to the completely random thread, hence why I put it there, rather than starting another. I wasn’t diluting your statement, merely adding to it @cwalker3 *shrug*
  • @cwalker3 thanks for being one to start this conversation....I too was wondered why no one mentioned it.
    I used to buy ever reissue, even ones I didn't want all that bad. 21% increase will certainly make me target only ones I really want and will leave the others alone. Will only buy now with I get the 15% off codes as well.
  • If you like to buy American quality as much as I do, check out Select Distribution. Home of Hosoi, Vision, and Schmitt Stix. Most decks are still $74.95 and free shipping at $80.00. All American made! No outsourcing to China and Mexico. The Dorfman's are amazing business owners as well that really care about the customer. Skate one's customer service has gone to shit over the years along with their quality. I am no way in Hell paying $97.00 for a deck that was $60.00 a year and a half ago. I have more than enough of the same graphics in plenty of different colorways. It's time to pay homage to some other reissue companies. Brand-X Toxic also makes some great American made decks.
  • the industry have been wanting 70 dollar decks for a good while and they finally got their wish