So Where Are You Riding

Have any photos of the parks and spots you ride? Post them up!!!!

Gabriel Skatepark, Portland OR - super fun flow park, haul ass and carve

Comments

• La Center Skatepark, La Center WA - perfect and simple street type spot

• Glenhaven Skatepark, Portland OR - Skated here today and this place has everything, pool - flow bowl - vert wall - ledges - rails .... etc.

• edited April 2015
    Marsh Creek Skate Park - Raleigh, NC

Here's a picture of Kevin Staab doing an invert in our bowl (not my photograph)...
  • Very nice @JB77, an Artisan skatepark. I skated a park they built in Cherokee, NC ... very fun park and those guys build a damn good bowl
  • It's rad for sure.  That picture is from the Get Rad For Ray event they held here last fall.
  • Here is the little spot I skated yesterday, small but very fun.

Holly Farm Skatepark, Portland OR

photo IMG_20150414_142840_zps11vaycaa.jpg
  • Looks really nice!  That little lip trick ledge with the tranny going up to it, with the brick around the top, look like fun.
  • Another fun stop for today.

Rotary Skatepark, Kelso WA

photo IMG_20150415_140529_zpstvaoh1c3.jpg
  • Mud you ever go to pier park and skate?
  • Haven't been there yet its on the long list of places to hit, maybe tomorrow though. I've only been in Vancouver for about six weeks now and the park I have skated the most is battleground.
  • edited April 2015
    Yeah check it out its about 10 mins from me cool park Bucky McDonald mountain Chris miller have all been there
  • I'll post some pics of my local favourite parks soon. i literally have one a 200m downhill skate from my front door :-)
  • edited April 2015
    (You'll have to bear with me for this one, it's a little drawn out)
    I'll title this one, 'What I did on a Saturday morning for one hour away from my wife and kids!'
    Firstly I went to my local at Lambton, a 2 minute skate from my house and took this pic;
    Then I went to Mayfield, where I used to live when I first met my wife. This park was where I got into skating again and becoming more confident at attacking higher transitions;
    Then I went to Newcastle South, and took this photo of the beach and Pacific ocean;
    the surf spots from the swimming pool at top to bottom of the photo are as follows, Shark Alley, Divider, Newcastle, South Newcastle, then finally Graveyards. This is the South Newcastle skatepark;
    I then drove over to the bowl at Bar Beach, the one that Tony Hawk skated just before the 2015 Bowlarama at Bondi, and as you can see, it's deep, lots of vert, and you can appreciate why Tony prefers Bar Beach Bowl to Bondi's. There is a small street component;
    Followed by pics of the bowl;
    This one shows looking North, and that big headland is the Bar Beach cliffs, and if you keep heading North you get to Graveyards at South Newcastle;
    Finally this skater is from Sydney, and he comes to the bowl on a regular basis because he thinks it is so good. Here he is trying a backside ollie and bailing;
    Bailing;
    Landing it;
    And the best thing is all of these are under 10 minutes from where I live.
  • Looks good, but the last 6 pics aren't showing for me (??)
  • Sorry pulse8, but the connection between my computer and skateone's server kept crapping itself :-/ but all good now :-)
  • All good indeed. I'll try to get some pics of my local up soon.
  • Cool pulse8, you guys are spoilt for choice down there. i can't wait to see
  • Wow, great pictures and spots @WakeInFright ! Thanks for posting them!
  • Very cool pics!
  • Good stuff @Wakeinfright. That bowl looks so fun wide open with lines for days...perfect buttery pool coping.
  • Yeah all good guys. i would LOVE to see a sesh with the likes of lance mountain, cab, tony hawk, neil blender, christian hosoi, tony alva and mike mcgill there, i reckon it would be double plus good :-)
  • if u aussies never seen it go check out 411 australian vacation it is one of my favorite vids and if u never seen it then wtf is wrong with u
  • I'll look it up bb, that's my job for today. you bb have to get your pennies together because your wheel company is to sponsor the above session, to bring all those guys over to newy! chop chop bb! do it ;-)
  • edited April 2015
    Don't forget stacy peralta to film it as well bb! Yeah just watched that 411, the bird with the long skirt trying to drop in wtf? Man, it's cool but 18 years dated as well, so many parks have sprung up or changed since then bb. Like South Newcastle got the halfie, Gosford got a halfie and lost it again, Bar Beach went from being a fibre glass quarter in the 80's, to cellulite ridden concrete halfie in the 90's to what you see in my photos from about 4 years ago. I was a little disappointed that they missed out quite an array of places in Victoria, Queensland, and the ACT. Growing up in Australia and being bred on a diet of the magazines we grew up with (Skatin' life, Slam, Skateboard Australia et al) you were shown so many cool spots. I guess the style of skating portrayed circa 1997, wasn't best suited to a lot of the classic locations. My favourite skater in the vid was the bearded long haired galoot because of his style. The 411 gets 3 1/2 thumbs up out of 5 from WIF!