is it worth buying a Mullen re-issue chess deck to sell in the future?

i can get this deck for a bargain price
http://www.worldskateshop.com/images/products/brands/powell-peralta-skateboard-deck-bones-mullen-reissue-black-7-4.jpg

how much will these go up in price? theres 4 colourways i believe, and 10,000 in total, quite a lot
but many are sold out

thanks

Comments

• Not to be a downer, but they aren't going up in price at all - and the Mullen is probably behind the pig McGill/Cab's as least desired.

The first series Mullen came out three years ago, and you can still get it at or under MSRP on ebay.
  • edited August 2015
    damn, i thought it would be more popular considering rodneys impact on skating

what about the caballero reissue? i can get this half price

http://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/images/powell-peralta-steve-caballero-dragon-ltd-bones-brigade-reissue-skateboard-decks-black-p18171-43027_image.jpg
  • yes you should buy the cab and skate it
  • If you're in it for the money you're better off going for one of the Santa Cruz reissues like the jessee neptune, waiting a few years, then you may make some money if you're lucky and find someone willing to fork out $200+ for a reissue. In my humble opinion there are better ways to make money than buying and selling reissue skateboards

• ....the Kraken!
  • To each their own, but life is too short to worry about making money on skateboards. If you like it, buy it and skate it.
  • edited August 2015
    i might get the star wars santa cruz decks, how collectable do you guys think they may be?
    btw im 18 so i need to scrape some cash together lol
    thanks for the help
  • Pro tip: #1 Go to shit bay, search Powell deck, Santa Cruz deck, or whatever the shit deck, then in the options change it to recently sold to get an idea of what idiots are paying for decks new and old. #2 Get a job
  • edited August 2015
    Remember controversy sells I have sold a few censorship still weak as f**k and few baker gooks of hazzard and made over double the money still have some left for a rainy day so not just reissues to look at
  • The value in reissues is measured almost entirely in sentimental value.
  • Jb you are correct I'm guilty of that my self
  • I have made a couple bucks Ebaying various decks and setups, and selling old thrashed decks (it boggles my mind that there is a market for stuff I used to throw in the dumpster).  Of course I don't quit my day job but it's nice as a little side money.  It's fun when you run across someone who is selling a 1985 OG deck as "a 90s old skool cruzer" with the maker misspelled for a hundred bucks BIN.   

For reissues, though, it's sort of bad, because if you're dealing in them, you're helping to ruin the OG market.  Plus, there is that 1/10 sucker who will think it's original and want to pay $250 for it.  Especially with some of the Vision reissues, they didn't even write the year or "reissue" on the decks, so it's open season.  That's great for easy $ but it's taking advantage of people for chump change, which sucks for your karma.   
  • Few months ago buddy was cleaning out a lady's basement calls me check out couple decks it's was 1984 pig McGill and 86 Guerrero both set up but not bad shape said what do you want for them she said 25$ a piece I said here you go lets just say it was a real nice pay day for me
  • It's anomaly if you see *any* of the Brigade issues going for above $99. There are a ton of them out there, and many are still available from first-run retailers. That's what happens when you overcharge.

Things like the Underhill that's out now - the one's that quickly come and go - are the one's that triple in value.

It's great advice to NOT invest in skateboard decks. Especially reissues. Get yourself a share of Google or something.
  • Hey Ptown, you suck.

Unless you want to triple your $$$ on those old lady's decks.

• I let her name the price picker 101 get it cheap as you can
  • Yeah, these reissues aren't something to "invest" in with the idea of making money flipping them later. Their mainly for riding or collecting just because you dig them.
  • @ptown, if you ever think about getting rid of them, I like used pigs. ;)

• Wait'll Doc gets a load of this
  • Ha ha... I predict a forfuxache in this thread's future.
  • Someone offered me $300 for my natas 101 satan reissue or whatever it's called. Money's nice - but I prefer looking at the deck and I didn't want to scam a mate
  • I only ever flipped one deck, to a mate, and I felt bad. Then I saw the value of the deck go up, and didn't feel bad, but I don't like the whole rollercoaster of emotions associated with it so I don't do it
  • Yeah my thoughts exactly, I'm a buyer not a seller
  • You can certainly make a buck if you choose wisely - but the Brigade decks are the wrong choice.
  • I've never sold a deck although sometimes I'm trmpted when looking at the hundreds $$ i wanna spend on new ones. A hill ear sold for 400 just now and I'm in awe!