Coming for Summer 2016 - Confirmed Reissues.

Comments

• Mike V got made because the man was keeping him down. Just cut and paste the last sentence for every company he has ever skated for.

• edited March 2016
    Punts here's some excerpts from his blog post, the original post on his site is not loading for me. Cast summarized it well. I'm sure nobody wants to relive this but here we go:

"When I returned to Powell Skateboards for the third time, I expected it to be my finest moment in skateboarding. I was primed for it. [George Powell] and his company could never have found and never will again -- a more enthusiastic or passionate supporter. Others had tried to warn me -- but I was blinded by my desire to make it all alright. I really believed that this time it would work. I found out for myself that nothing had changed."

"They (Powell-Peralta) just wanted me to simply ride their boards, go do some demos and shut up. At 41 years old, they just wanted me to be a "Legendary Team Rider" but this time with a starting pro's salary," 

“There is no Powell-Peralta — Not really. It’s just a brand name that’s been strategically positioned to capitalize on a film – to capitalize on nostalgia. There’s no substance there. There is no here and now. There is no soul. It’s all a fucking sham. I found out for myself.”

• there is no elephant reissue planned
  • Maybe the confusion is around him reissuing his World elephant soon? 
  • I'm just impressed Cab is actually on Skull n Bones.
  • I have never read that response from Cab but it seems spot on. 

"If you wanna know about someone's true character, just look at their track record." 

There is no Streetplant - Not really. It's just a brand name that's been strategically positioned to capitalize on nostalgia. There's no substance there. There is no here and now. There is no soul. It's all a fucking sham.

His current company is doing exactly what he's complaining about in the above quote that @hawkhair posted. 

• edited March 2016
    Mudslinger is right.  We become our own worst enemies, if we're not careful.
  • Thanks @HawkHair! WTF, I did not realize that this was his 3rd go around. I need to digest this mess!
  • We need to get Cab posting on this forum.
  • Mud hit's it right on the head. He's always been disengenous while pounding his chest and claiming to be "true".

The real reason he left is obvious. He saw the dollar signs in nostalgia and recapturing the 80s and he realized that he could profit from it if he did the same thing himself and take it further by not just focusing on his PP days but also his World days and graphics. Just be honest about it, shit I'd respect that. It makes sense, why let PP take advantage of your name and graphic when you can do it yourself and make more? He essentially did the same thing he did the first go around.
  • Hey _lll_ where did you hear about the elephant being reissued?
  • i like how he posted it then disappeared lol
  • edited March 2016
    In his defence he did make one comment before disappearing bb. Maybe he's busy passing the dutchie on the left hand side! Idk, all this spiced ham is doing my head in. My usual posts aren't smart, witty, informative and thoughtful. They are just JumbleTM play!
  • I wonder if the Vallely will have a deeper concave and kick nose like the Hill. They have reissued the Vallely a few times in the past, but they were fairly true representations of the original. I had a Hill bulldog and I don't remember it having that much of a kick nose as the new reissue does. I like the idea of making the reissues more functional. I have a lot of fun kicking around on my lmfp shape with modern concave, I think a bigger nose deck like that would be fun.
  • There is no vallely being reissued
  • Where'd you hear this, @Ptown?
  • The better question is where did anyone see that it would be released? I haven't seen that link....
  • "Go on, take the money and run!"
  • read the first and third comment
  • I asked Mike about it said no
  • Tell him he's a wanker ptown
  • That's never going to happen Nicky lol
  • I know just thought I'd put it out there ;)
  • Ha ha ha ha