What skate shoes are the best for you?

Hi. I was skating all 8 years in normal shoes. I'm skating on street, skatepark and a small miniramp. My deck is 7,625" x 31,3". I'll buy skate shoes. What skate shoes are the best for you? What skate shoes should I buy? Don't mind a price.

Comments

• Half Cabs or Full Cabs for me
  • check out all skate brands DO NOT support nike,converse,adidas,puma,nb they are all ruining our industry and putting companies out of business so vote with ur dollars and support skateboarding
  • Crob and Kelly were saying DVS dropped all their riders, not just the skaters .. everyone.

I'm going to echo what Bill said and say try to support skateboarding brands.

'es
    Filament
    Straye
    State
    Lakai
    Vans - meh, they are a skate brand I guess but they have been sold and owned by VF corp for a while now.. does that still make them a "skateboarding" brand? People will argue that Vans does a lot for skateboarding and that is true but in that same breath Nike has dumped tons of money into skateboarding and their brand is not on this list.
  • edited February 2018
    dvs didnt drop anybody that was a long time ago they just put lutzka on the team and nike doesnt deserve to be on the list because they arent a skate brand and yes vans is a skate brand doesnt matter who distributes them
  • Lutzka? How irrelevant is he in the skatboarding world at the moment. Hey lets sign Greg Lutzka to get our program back in motion.

Here's the link, it's from 3 days ago.
  • yea they rebuilt their team from scratch awhile ago dude is late https://www.dvsshoes.com/blog/our-family/skateboarding/
  • Every skate or non skate shoe I have bought to skate in has been mass produced in some third world sweatshop. Whoop-dee-doo....some pay pro skaters to promote the shoe, yet exploit cheap labour in the process! Meh, maybe we should skate barefoot, Lee Ralph style?

Note. Don't do that! Once I did do it and had the biggest blister on the ball of my foot from the hot, tarred road!
  • lol i tried to do something with no shoes on and jammed my toe
  • edited February 2018
    Yeah the website is where I go for my most current info too. Why TF would you listen to pro's like Chris Roberts & Kelly Heart when you have @brigade_bill on the skateone forum?

"Team" you say... two old ass pros and one really good relevant dude.

Anyway.. evidently DVS just dropped all of their riders, not just the skate team. Says Chris Roberts and Kelly heart. Not that anyone really gives a shit because that doesn't have anything to do with supporting skateboarding shoe brands... sorry I brought it up.

So I digress @Mati.Bocian_92

'es
    Filament
    Straye
    State
    Lakai
    Huf
    Vans

And thanks for your two cents Bill.
  • well getz is definitely legend status and has been with dvs for a long time so it is ok but i guess the dude didnt get the memo about alot of ppl leaving oh well though and ur welcome
  • The problem with ‘skate shoes’ is that they have become trendy and are mass produced. Only about 10% of the shoes sold are actually skated.
  • I just wear Nike or Converse, dudes. Chucks, Jordan 1's, etc. If Airwalk stopped being gay and returned to their 1987 glory then I'd wear them too.
  • well they are under new management so dont think so anytime soon
  • I'm totally fine buying Nike. They keep a lot of people employed - from all over the spectrum. They add a lot of energy to the industry. If supporting Nike hurts a company making crap quality shoes - well, make better shoes, and I will buy them.
  • Airspeed. Airspeed all the way.
  • I'm totally fine buying Nike. They keep a lot of people employed - from all over the spectrum. They add a lot of energy to the industry. If supporting Nike hurts a company making crap quality shoes - well, make better shoes, and I will buy them.
  • double post lol
  • Adidas Busenitz vulc.
  • i have seen some amazing flat feet sneakers type of shoes a lot of skaters wearing in my ally, like i can say air blaze or jordans. Recound shoes would be perfect for you if you're looking for a great grip, Foot Locker coupons try out some from here. May be you get what you are looking for.
  • I wore my low eS shoes today skating transitions and I think they'll be relegated to gym only as my ankles were sore afterwards. Back to Vans and VSW's for now!
  • or u can work them out
  • Work what out Biebs? Ankles? Low shoes?
    I prefer mids to hi tops for the ankle support. At work it is compulsory for us to wear leather boots because of the ankle support when walking on uneven surfaces like ballast
  • yea those ankles
  • I'm not fond of cankles....I'm quite gazelle like at the moment Biebs!