anyone here built their own mini ramp??

We used to build quarter pipes and bank ramps in basements. Two feet tall was the usual height due to low ceilings.
Had a mini ramp in my barn later on.
If you live where it snows. Then easy access to indoor skating improves ones quality of life!

Comments

• edited April 2020
    yea i had my own in 2000 mine was outdoors though
  • I had a mini ramp in my barn from 1989-1994. Made Ohio winters more tolerable....
    Scott
  • We used to build quarter pipes and bank ramps in basements. Two feet tall was the usual height due to low ceilings.https://showbox.bio/
    Had a mini ramp in my barn later on.
    If you live where it snows. Then easy access to indoor skating improves ones quality of life!
    thankyou my issue has been solved
  • I have a mini ramp but I purchased it. Actually to build my own ramp in at my bucket list but I saw huge collection of ramps at Ritecoupons at discounted prices. So I purchased it and its a worth buy for me. I am using it for last 5 years and its still in a good condition. Now In future for sure I will build it by my own.
  • edited July 2020
    many..
    quite a few small <4' plywood ditches,
    5' steel mini,
    10' plywood vert with 12' roll-in which included an attached 6' to 6' spine, was probably ~30' wide.

from the late 80s - early 2000s we had quite a skate crew here in Central FL. all together I would say I was involved in building ~10 half-pipes and countless launch ramps, quarter pipes and boxes/stand alone rails.
  • I built a 4' tall mini ramp, 8 feet wide with a 6' transition arc. Frankly, it's a little bit too tall so I'm cutting it down to 3' or less. Also, need to resurface. Have a couple of layers of 1/4 plywood with top layer treated with oil-based polyurethane which holds up well but not as smooth as I'd like. On top of that, I had masonite treated with the same oil-based "spar urethane" (it's called) and that was great for a while until the rain eventually seeped in and now my masonite is a mess (and has been removed).
    Now I'm considering either PVC SHEETS or VINYL LAMINATE FLOORING as my top layer. I think the PVC sheets are sold at home depot, at about $35 per 4x8 sheet.
    I was also thinking about vinyl laminate flooring and wondering why no one has ever mentioned either PVC sheets or vinyl flooring as a waterproof skate ramp surface??
    Any one have any ideas?
  • beautiful...
  • You should be able to build a decent launch ramp out new material for well under $400.00, $200.00 if you have some experience. [shareit](https://get-shareit.com) [get-vidmateapk.com](https://get-vidmateapk.com/)
  • Find a spot that's as flat as possible and the rest is up to you. A nice size would be 3-4 feet high, 20 feet in length, and 8 feet wide. This would end up costing you a bit more, but would likely be worth it if you've got the space
  • edited January 2021
    I ordered some Gator Skins yesterday! Planning 3.5’ high, 8’ wide, ~28’ long mini in the backyard. Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated! I am using the plans and instruction from xtremeskater.com/ramp-plans/mini-halfpipe/
  • to sum it up easily all u need is 2 qps and 3 funboxes and 2 of the funboxes becomes decks and the last becomes the middle of the ramp easy peasy
  • @brigade_bill whoa that’s way more work! Ima tryin to build 1 ramp, you named 5! ;)

The middle part is the only part I’m stoked on. A big 8’x8’ square I can do....things with curves will require hella patience for me. In any case, all the wood is here, Gator Skins on the way.

Questions that come to mind:

- What is a standard radius for 3.5’ high ramp?
    - Xtremeskater.com says 1&1/2” coping....Gator Skins says 2&3/8” coping. What say you?

• edited January 2021
    haha technically it is 2 ramps :P and good rule of thumb is that u want the coping to not overlap the deck i think the first one sounds good but u gotta measure things out
  • @alishakihn
    go to hell with your ad link.
    will someone please ban this fool using these threads to promote some crap.