Heron deck setup

Got a couple questions. I got the heron flight deck 9.13 and Powell grip but need new bearings potentially and trucks.

Right now I’m thinking of getting the 8.75 mini logos in and I have bone Swiss ceramic bearings, but the shields are trash on a few of them and sometimes they freeze but sometimes it goes through and spins normally, but nothing like “wow this is 200 dollar spinning”. So my options for that are either rebuilding the bearings for 40 according to skate one, or getting the raw Bronson bearings.

Anyone with tips on setup I would appreciate it, especially if you have the deck

Comments

• well u gotta take care of ur bearings just take them apart and clean them then re-lube them and put new shields on them as long as u take care of them they will take care of u make sure u clean them every few months but u can probably put any shields on them
  • I use the 8.75 ML trucks on my full size Anderson. Good fit, ride well.
  • I’ve been hosing it down with a waterpik and then patting it try for a couple years and lubing it, just now I started using acetone. Is there a way to tell if the retainers need to be replaced?
  • edited June 2020
    well if they are beat to shit then probably need a replacement lol and dont use water u can use acetone but u can easily buy bearing cleaner online

https://www.purehockey.com/product/sonic-citrus-bearing-cleaner/itm/3551-2/ id recommend this i use a citrus cleaner for my bearing cleaning

here is some more options https://www.google.com/search?q=skateboard+bearing+cleaner&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk02oocgsiHrfPQW41DaHNsl9aaMbQg:1591908170528&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwirppOI0PrpAhUlTDABHaX4APAQ_AUoAXoECBAQAw&biw=1270&bih=596
  • That’s awesome I have a pure hockey store next to my house!
  • edited June 2020
    well there u go and what i do to clean my bearings is i take them out of the wheels then i put them in a tin container then add the cleaner to the container then shake them like crazy for a good while then let them sit over night then i take them out and dry them off then re-lube them with 3-4 drops then put them in the wheels and spin them for awhile and break them back in and they will skate like new :) ppl normally pay me to clean their bearings cause i do such an amazing job lol one time i cleaned my friends bearings and i made them so fast he couldnt even stay on his board lllooooolllll
  • I use the Bones bearing cleaning kit with acetone. I cleaned my Super Reds last weekend and the difference was noticeable. After drying follow up with some bearing lube and they run like new.
  • Awesome I’m gunna see if I can get this from the hockey store tommorow, thanks bill. Do you remove the retainers and then shake it? Or just pop off the shields ? Do you leave the shields with the bearings too?

And yeah I want a bones bearing kit like even just the container but no where has it. Even before corona I could never find it.
  • edited June 2020
    u can take the shields off but u dont really have to i normally just leave them on cause it will still get into the bearings regardless then i just shake them and the rest is history

here is a link for the bb cleaning unit for a good price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bones-Bearing-Cleaning-Unit/324196202284?epid=13024852758&hash=item4b7b99772c:g:c3QAAOSwt0pe45CR

and another link

https://vaultboardshop.com/products/bones-bearing-cleaner-kit?variant=31997893738576&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic
  • Sweet thank you.

Is there anyway to identify which Swiss bearing I have? Or are all the bearings pretty much identical? I’m not sure which one I have other than it saying Swiss on the shields
  • Actually it says Swiss made but no ceramic. I think it’s the normal Swiss, there is some rust on it. Does this need to be replaced or is citrus soaking enough ?
  • u can clean rust off metal ive seen it done using cola and a grinder like what is used for angle iron and the color of the shield can tell u
  • I see, I just bought the bearing cleaner. It’s such a small bottle for ten bucks.
  • Is it still effective to do half citrus and half acetone? It’s a pricey liquid. Also do you rinse off the cleaner in anyway? I feel like citric acid and metal won’t work long term for rust
  • edited June 2020
    i guess u can try it ive never used acetone and yea i usually dry the bearings off and once they are dry i lube them on up and spin them a few times then rock and roll
  • It’s been soaking for 8 hours I pulled it out and it spins pretty well, but there’s this sound Its not loud but definitely noticeable. Do you think something is trapped or the retainer needs to be replaced

I guess it cleaned it so well that ceramics is actually etched in the bearing so it’s a bone Swiss ceramic to my surprise
  • and it is a good possibility and glad it worked out
  • You can also use an old toothbrush to get rid of the gunk. In cleaning the rubber shields, use only soapy water to avoid blistering and unnecessary damage to them.
    After letting the bearings dry for several minutes, start lubricating them. First, put one or two drops of your favorite lubricant onto a bearing and make sure that they are applied evenly.
  • walmart is selling 8 tubes of speed cream for 12 bucks