Seeking help on set up for two boards

Hi all, I'm looking for some help in setting up some new decks please. I'm new to the forum so apologies if you've answered these questions many times before but any help would be greatly appreciated. The options for stuff are so much larger than I remember in the 80s and its frankly confusing. I recently purchased one yellow dragon Cab and one Bucky Lasek and I want to build them into two complete skateboards with price not really a key factor. Can't wait to start skating again

1. Yellow Dragon Cab - I want to set this up as much as possible as a faithful retro board and am not too worried about its usability. I will basically use it to go to the shops and skate with my daughter
a. Wheels - What make and size?
b. Trucks - What make and size?
c. Risers - Have no idea on this
d. Barings - Are Swiss the way to go?
d. Grip tape - Have no idea on this

2. Bucky Lasek - I want to set this up as a cruiser without looking too much like a fool with one of those massive boards that I don't know the name of
a. Wheels - What make and size? I've read on this forum that Rough Riders and ATFs are great
b. Trucks - What make and size?
c. Risers - Have no idea on this
d. Barings - Are Swiss the way to go?
d. Grip tape - Have no idea on this

Really do appreciate your help. Cheers from Australia, Luke

Comments

• edited September 2021
    Hi; welcome. Here is what I would do

#1A Rat Bones 60mm 90A-- I am riding these now, and they're great
    #1B Indy 159s
    #1C 3/8 to 1/2 inch, soft-- any but imo avoid "Psycho" brand b/c they don't fit right
    #1D Bones Swiss
    #1E Mob or Jessup, standard black

#2A Bones Bombers 60mm 85A-- discontinued? but still lots around
    #2B Indy 169s
    #2C same as above
    #2D "
    #2E "
  • That's very helpful thank you. There's been some discussion on other threads about 169s being wide for a Cab. Is that an issue or not really in your view?
  • edited September 2021
    Oh that's right, I didn't think of that. Corrected. I like 169s overall b/c they're versatile and I like to try out a lot of new decks, but for a Cab, the rear wheels might stick out a little too much, esp if you go for the Rat Bones.