Opinions/Advice on wheels needed.

I've been looking at many wheels, and I'm trying to find a good pair to cruise on. This would mean big and soft, right? However, I'm worried about flatspotting because I like to pull off a few slides and jumps. So, can you help clear up some decisions here? I have a few wheels in mind...
1. Powell Bombers/Ratbones : Nice and easy to understand. 85A, around 60mm. But the Ratbones have a bigger width. Can you tell me if this makes a difference, and will these wheels get torn apart from cruising on the street?
2. Ricta Cores/Clouds : No idea about widths. Some confusion about the cores. Are they soft?, because i read so. And I also read that it is much easier to travel with less pushes. Can Bombers or Ratbones stand up to that? I don't know about their core, but the Rictas are supposedly hard. Does this make a difference. And clouds are really soft at 78A. Smooth travel but short life-spanned wheels? Opinions? Be honest.
3.Bones Soft Core : I trust bones, and their soft core formula must be great, but they also have a smaller width, and I could just get the Powells and know what the durometer is. But do you think that their formula is more resistant to flatspotting? Is it harder?
Finally, does that soft of a wheel make that much of a difference? Should I be looking in the low 90s durometer?
Those are the wheels I'm looking at, and any opinions would be appreciated.

Comments

• My friend rides 85 a bombers and I ride 85 a rat bones. Rat bones do not flat spot ive been sliding on them for a while. Bombers dont flat spot either but grind down alot. and end up with a sort of pointed edge. Bombers are a bit easier to slide on than rat bones. I would suggest the rat bones just because they slide well but dont grind down and they are a bit more predictable than the bombers.
  • cores suck. ive seen one too many a bearing pop right out those things. garbage. harder the wheel the easier it will be to slide... softer more grip, better "handling." as much as there can be on a skateboard....that is. flat spots? never had that problem, and i slide alot.....id say "bombers" for u pal.
  • "id say "bombers" for u pal"

id say the same but if Drakes likes sliding he may want a little harder of a dero. 85 is pretty sticky. it all comes down to personal preference really. i have issues sliding a 85a but Drakes may not. it is a great cruiser wheel to have on a set up though.
  • YA LIKE THAT HUH? =) ......... ANYWAY IM ASUMING U ARE RIDING A POWELL DECK? U CANT PUT RICTAS ON THERE ANYWAY IT WOULD BE SACRELIGIOUS... LIKE GOING TO CHURCH WEARING A SLAYER T-SHIRT. SURE U COULD DO IT BUT WHY WOULD U WANT TO? =)
  • "IT WOULD BE SACRELIGIOUS"

hahaha

my bud went to church wearing the McGill Skull and Snake shirt and got asked to leave. he had no idea what it meant till the guy told him and he felt really bad.
  • fyi rictas are made here on the east
  • SEE...... THATS WHAT IM SAYIN. =) I REMEMBER SKATIN WITH FRIENDS IN THE 80S AND SOME DUDE WOULD SHOW UP WITH A TONY HAWK WITH SLIME BALLS ON IT.. I WAS LIKE... COME ON MAN.. YOU CANT PUT SLIME BALLS ON A HAWK!!!
  • haha i dont ever put other company stickers on my powell boards unless it is skate one stickers or sponsor stickers
  • yea a guy called us here bragging about one of his og cab set ups with oj's on it and we all kinda chuckled. i guess its fairly common though.
  • haha when will ppl learn....
  • hey i thought of a new "sacreligious" situation how about living in colorado and not watching southpark?
  • Bombers 60x40mm PF all the way! The new OJs have more grip but thet aren't as fast. The Shitfire wheels are probably the only wheel I've tried that is just as fast but doesn't have the grip that the PFs have. Not to mention, on two different occasions I've flat spotted (due to debris) one of the wheels at my local cement park. I shipped them back to Skate One the very next day. In just a few days a brand new set of wheels was at my door. I have never heard of another company doing that for anyone. The choice is clear: speed, grip and, a company that stands behind their product.
  • Great review Jerry. its good to hear comparisons
  • powell doesnt shit around they take care of their peeps no matter what
  • YEAH WHAT BILL SAID! "NO SHITTIN AROUND!"
  • SO DONT GO SLAPPIN SOME WHEEL NAMED AFTER A BREAKFAST DRINK ON A PIECE OF ARTWORK. =)
This discussion has been closed.