Skate Shoes - Looking To Try Something New

2»

Comments

• They look like they could be cool but the high top sucks for movement. I'm a huge fan of the Half Cabs. They are the longest running pro shoe model for a reason. I wear mine every day, so comfortable. Has all the modern updates a shoe needs to be relevant these days and it does a great job of that
  • You sacrifice movement for support and protection. I wear high tops sometimes, esp if I ding my ankle too many times but still want to skate not fully healed.
  • @ghostbuster I feel that! I skated with my slip-ons a few days ago because I’m impatient with tying my sk8-hi shoes. The board slammed into my inner right ankle and it’s wild how swollen it got. So yeah, pads and protection might suck for movement but injuries suck worse for movement.
  • well they got 3 different versions of the shoes which are the sk8 his and a chukka and something else
  • The inner sole serves as the bed of your foot inside the sneakers. Generally, it comes with an ergonomic design made to complement the shape of your foot.
    Once the inner pads don’t meet the arches inside, you’re more likely to have trouble with painful feet at the end of the day. My pick for this component would be DC’s OrthoLite foams or STI Evolution foam insole. These inserts offer sufficient arch support and have enough impact protection.
  • Been skating the Lakai Griffin lately. Very comfortable for wider feet.
  • Whichever shoes you skate I recommend replacing the inner soles!
  • I like Griffins too!