Mini Logo Decks, Blah!

edited January 2015 in Mini Logo™
So I had not had a mini logo deck for some time. I had just been ridding the regular Powell decks. So I figured I would try one out again, cause I always liked them in the past. So I have a questions for everyone on here, Have you noticed a difference in the CHINA made ones? I sure have! I rode it for about five (5) mins before the deck became unglued. I have never had trouble with any Powell product before like this. (Just the usual wearing out.) And I was not jumping down 20 stairs, so this should not have happened. I feel kinda ripped off. Maybe it was just this deck, but I am now wondering what the product control is coming out of China.

So has anyone else had this happen to them? The glue and wood layers come apart with next to no use?

And I find it ironic that it split on the MADE IN CHINA side... DOH!

Guess it is time to go back to the regular Powell decks.

Comments

• Lame dude!
  • They don't feel as stiff as they use to be. I always bought ML for my kids to thrash around on and the old ones could take a beating, the new ones just aren't the same.
  • Playing around with the letters of mini logo in a dyslexic fashion i got mingi loo, which would translate as a filthy toilet, and mini gloo, which would imply minimum glue was used in the production of them lol
  • edited January 2015
    yep when they did the andy mac skateboards brand they split too it is called delamination email them and tell them and they will send u a new one dont buy china boards they get destroyed in no time im glad that i still got some og minilogo decks and as they always say u get what u pay for
  • the simple rule of thumb, you get what you pay for
  • Yea I took a chance on the new China one, and was thinking of sending the warranty card back. But am guessing it is not worth it.
  • I have had three. The first one did chip quicker than I would have liked, but the other two have been fine. They should send a new one. If they do, skate it. What do you have to lose?
  • edited January 2015
    That's a real bummer. I normally ride shop decks from Active Ride Shop. Every month or so, they'll pass out 25% off coupons, and I'll buy a bulk of 5 shop decks @ $35 each. 5x35=$175 - 25% About $133 for 5 decks. Been doing this for about 7 years, and no problems so far.

http://www.activerideshop.com/

• Of all the decks ive got at the moment the only one not straight outta beijing is an australian custom made deck that I will never skate coz its too special and I was really lucky to get it made to my specs...before the truth settled.

The dude that made all the effort said straight to me not to be acting like a teenager(I laughed when he said that!) On the deck...made the mistake of buying a cheap chinese tribute deck...didnt last an hour before I snapped the tail off of it!
    In fact I havent paid cash fer a deck in a long long time...swapped a drum machine for my chinese made, iron on transfer black label popsicle that is solid as a brick! Mates send me all sortsa stuff. And as always its not what you know but who!

Gay ass homo gayness to all the kids! Adults over thirty, shralpin bloody goodness!