Truck size for OG pig

I'm going to set up an OG Ripper (pig shape) - specs say it's 10" wide. What's the best truck size for that, 169s? I'm going to put reissue Rat Bones on it, if that matters. 1/2" risers? I'm pretty sure that would all be consistent with what I used to skate. Thanks!!

Comments

• Rat Bones are offset and will stick out over the axle. Because of that I would go with 159s.
  • I have a set of Tracker 161 six tracks (which are like slightly less than 9") on my McGill pig with some 59mm ATFs, and the wheels are right about flush with the edge of the deck. With the rat bones being offset and several mm wider than the ATFs I have, I bet sk8er is right about them sticking out a bit with 9" trucks. I use 1/4" risers but a 1/2" may be better with the rat bones, or double up 1/4" and 1/8" risers.
  • Sticking out a bit - isn't that how we used to ride them in the mid 80s? Skateone is selling completes with 169s - and Mini Cubics, which are a full 13mm wider than Rat Bones...
  • edited February 2017
    215s and Mini Cubics looks pretty rad imho-- just be very careful pushing. It's the same way slammed cars look rad, and then you try to go over a speed bump in one.
  • I have 169's on an OG Pig, Chicken Skull with RB's. Perfect!
  • Are the pigs absolutely flat, or is there a bit of concave?
  • might as well be flat... tiny cave
  • This pig truck is pretty gangsta...

• That pig truck is the shit! Love it! Anyway, my local got the Pig Ripper in today, and yeah, it's a bit too flat for me right now. I want something that feels familiar. My old boards were pretty flat, so I thought the Pig would be similar, but not that flat. Maybe I'll pick one up another time. Anyway, they had the dark blue Geegah Ripper, and I went with that instead. And I put some 159s up against it, and it looked to me like a tad bigger for a 169 would be fine. We'll see. Thanks for the advice!
  • Oh, and how do you pronounce Geegah anyway?
  • exactly the way it looks
  • VatoRat, I saw that pig in Seattle
  • That pig truck looks like it belongs in a battle. Maybe with some angry birds trucks.

Have fun on that geegah, mvk, it's a cool-ass shape!
  • Jee-gah or Ghee-gah?
  • A hard g, like in McGrab.
  • Thanks, mallgrabber. It does look like a great shape for pulling endless McGrabs.
  • They will be McSick!
  • I69s fit perfectly with Rat Bones wheels
  • McGrabs are totally McRad.
  • BF, how much do the Rat Bones stick out from the end of the axle on each side?
  • edited February 2017
    From the end of the axle, maybe 1/8th of an inch. Not as much as Cubics. One thing to keep in mind is that pig shaped decks like the Ripper, Sword and Skull, McGill, Hawk & Vato Rat all taper towards the tail. They aren't 10" wide over the front or back trucks. I will post some pics of my Hawk with Indy 169s and Rat Bones wheels. I hope this helps.

• Sweet setups!
  • edited February 2017
    @Brian Farrell
    How do you post your pics? I use shutterfly but it will only allow me to link the pics.