Jaw Bone

Aloha,
I'm looking to install a "Jaw Bone" on Per Weilender (Hammerhead/flat nose type) board. Will I be able to manipulate it to the nose or does the Jaw Bone have to maintain its round shape?
If can, does anyone have any pictures of an install?

Thanks for any input

Comments

• I wouldn't have a clue but I would suggest trying to see if it'd fit on comfortably and if so go for it
  • It has to be round-ish, or it starts to curl and won’t lie flat. It will work fine, but you won’t be able to manipulate it to match the square nose.
  • You may be able to sit it in hot water for a time and then manipulate it around the nose more easily.
  • It’s soft enough, that’s not the problem. As soon as you start to curve it too much, it doesn’t want to lie flush with the board.
  • What if he did Dale's double-sided tape trick?
  • Just so everyone is clear here, a "JAW BONE" sits on the underside of the deck only such as the rib bones or rails do. It does not wrap around the edge of the nose. Again, only underneath the nose.
  • edited January 2018
    I am greatly appreciating everyones input
  • they look great but like the JAW BONE, they're round in shape..
  • JAW BONE image for an example of how it sits just underneath the nose and not the sides.https://www.flickr.com/photos/irvinizer/4369174210/
  • Radrailz says you can “bend and shape” them.
  • Thanks SK8ER.
  • Dude, you're on the Powell site. We know what a jawbone is. A Powell jawbone is not going to look good if you try to mount it square.

See how it's buckling just a little here? It will be even worse, if you try to bend it more.

• I know CWALKER3, but someone was mentioning it going "around" the nose and I just wanted to clear up any misconception, thats all. All that aside, I want to thank you for your input CWALKER3, you were super helpful. You da man!
    Take care all
    Aloha
  • @cjlacuesta
    You from Hawaii? Me too!
  • edited January 2018
    @cjlacuesta - I agree with the rest of the group - a Jaw Bone is NOT meant to be stretched/bent into a different shape. That said, how about a picture of a Jaw Bone on a square-nosed deck?.. (Nick Spesia)

The Rad Railz ones are rigid and made of the same plastic as a rail "...made to grab or slide.", NOT flexible rubber-plastic like a Jaw Bone...

...so yes, like a rail, you could use boiling water or a heat gun, to reshape them. Kinda like Hawk used to do?.. (zoom in, and note his custom shaped rails, too!)

...looks like McGill used to do it?..

...and still does!..

So, now you're wondering what a MOTUS is (it's neither NOT Mark of the Unicorn Software, NOR Masters of the Universe Stuff, NOR Monster of the United States)...
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/motus2go/motus-1st-smart-robot-cameraman-for-your-phone
    I hope all this helps!
    -Tim
  • Damn! how do you post pics?
  • go to my thread
  • edited January 2018
    @cjlacuesta - the picture has to be online somewhere, you can't upload/attach one to your message. Find a picture online (or post one to a page you own/manage), copy its address, click the "Attach image/file" button above the message box (located between the "Link" and "Left Align" buttons), and paste the link.
    I created a Google Site to host my images. It's kinda a pain in the butt, but you get used to it.
    www.theprivatepageant.com
  • thanks @VatoRat . I just wanted to update the group with an image of my rip stick