In a funk, need help.

So, two months ago, I broke three ribs while doing a 50-50 on a rail.
(Don't ask, stupid, out of the blue slam on one of the easiest tricks)
It took roughly 5 weeks to heal well enough to get back on my board.
I will be 34 at the end of this month and only skate once a week do to work and my lovely family of 4 kids and my wife.
Since I got back on my board everything has sucked. My once a week skate sessions of two hours are filled with disappointment. I can land everything I did before, but I don't feel the satisfaction I use to after my sessions. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, I'm not totally great nor totally bad at skating, I get the "are you sponsored?" questions from the kids at the park but I can't seem to get out of this funk! This probably doesn't make sense to many of you, but I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this and how they got out of it?
Thanks

Comments

• switch to transisition skating for a while. ive been skating transition for a while now and have totaly dismissed any street skating..and i feel the same way. so im switching to "street" to change it up. im 35.. and i stay away from rails for just that reason. that sucks you broke your ribs..=(
  • Yeah the rib thing sucked. There were nights I didn't sleep at all because of the pain. I never thought it could hurt that bad and take that long to heal.
    I skate both, I guess I could put more emphasis on transition. That's not a bad idea. Although I fear I would lose some of my "street/park" abilities. I don't know exactly what it is though, I hope this will all blow over at some point.
  • the other day i watched ..bones brigade video show,future primitive and animal chin ALL back to back... i was so hyped up to skate after that. try that for motivation...it works. =)
  • Haha yeah I watch at least one of those every day ;D It pumps me up so much... dang!
  • well it takes awhle to get back to what u were doing after an injury just hang in there
  • Yeh.....the chin ramp scene doe's it for me.
  • edited May 2009
    YEP. FOR ME ITS EITHER MIKE V'S PART IN PUBLIC DOMAIN...OR THE CHIN RAMP SCENE. OR LANCES RAMP JAM. WHO AM I KIDDING.ITS ALL GOOD. =)
  • Thanks guys. Sounds like time and some skate videos. Gonna skate tonight, we'll see how it goes.
  • I was watching 'Ban this' yesterday and I must say I still like Ray Barbee's part in that movie and my all time favourite is, of course, AnimalChin :-) The Pink pool scene is still my favourite :-)
This discussion has been closed.